Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

App isn’t working

The Roll20 app still isn’t working. It sits at the loading screen and won’t progress from there on my iPad 5.
Hi there, I purchased a subscription so I could use roll20 on my iPad with my group tonight, but on my iPaid 12.9" Professional (whatever it's called) I have iOS 12.1.4 and it just sits on the Loading Screen. ... any chance this will be fixed soon?
From what I've heard, the App is terrible. Once you open a Character Sheet you need to refresh the page to get back to the VTT (Virtual Table Top). Literally every person I've met that tried the App successfully, actually preferred playing on their Phone in Desktop Mode, or Mobile Mode, over using the App. Haven't met a single person who actually found the App better yet.
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
The app needs to be fixed, hopefully in the near future... my workaround is to close the app and reopen it, sometimes it works at second attempt, sometimes it fails again while loading the game. Even when it works, navigation through journal is tricky and the chat is laggy. I would only recommend to use it IRL games with other alternative sources to get the information. The Table on Tablet Support is not related to the app, you have to use Chrome or Firefox to access Roll20 on your device. At the last game I've run one of my players was able to play the session just using his Android tablet and I've used my iPad to show maps many times at other games.

Edited 1566571086
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Blue64 said: From what I've heard, the App is terrible. Once you open a Character Sheet you need to refresh the page to get back to the VTT (Virtual Table Top).  The App has nothing to do with the virtual tabletop.