Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][Paid] Mik's Storm King's Thunder! Weds 6pm PST

Edited 1567804901
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Storm King's Thunder SEPT 6: CURRENTLY HAVE 4 PLAYERS, LOOKING FOR 1 MORE Giants have emerged from their strongholds to threaten civilization as never before. Hill giants are stealing all the grain and livestock they can, while stone giants have been scouring settlements that have been around forever. Fire giants are press-ganging the small folk into the desert, while frost giant longships have been pillaging along the Sword Coast. Even the elusive cloud giants have been witnessed, their wondrous floating cities appearing above Waterdeep and Baldur’s Gate. Where is the storm giant King Hekaton, who is tasked with keeping order among the giants? This campaign uses material from the Storm King's Thunder adventure, enhanced with custom materials like suggestions and revisions from the SKT reddit; DMGuild expansions; enhanced maps for each floor; Roll20 Marketplace assets; API scripts (incl. custom scripts); addons like Xanathar's Guide and Tome of Beasts; and added music, art, items and more. About Storm King's Thunder This adventure takes elements from one of the more famous classic adventures, Against the Giants, &nbsp; for AD&amp;D way back in 1978. As an adventure, it is definitely considered a sandbox;&nbsp; there any many stories to follow, and the core conceit of the plot - the giants attacking - is just one of those stories. The centerpiece is an expansive sandbox adventure of the North, with almost every corner of the area detailed. It is ripe for character-specific subplots and side stories! About Me I'm Mik, 30, an illustrator living with my husband in BC Canada. I've been playing and DMing tabletop for 15+ years, including official convention and local game store DMing for several years. I've been doing paid D&amp;D campaigns on Roll20 for almost two years. If you've got any questions about me or my DM style, feel free to ask! I stream my Saturday game on Twitch, so if you'd like to see my DM style, please PM me for the link! (This campaign isn't streamed, however.) Characters This adventure runs 1st to 11th level (like many D&amp;D-published adventures, the prologue levels you up to 5th very quickly). It takes place in the Sword Coast North, and as such, characters should vaguely fit into the types of creatures that would be found there. Uncommon races can be allowed, but will definitely hinder some diplomatic sections, so must be discussed with the other players. Your characters will start as part of a group of some kind, like an adventuring party, caravan, or entertainer's troupe - and should be made to fit with that storyline. During session zero, we will all discuss characters and create our own beginning!&nbsp; I'm willing to look at Unearthed Arcana, 3rd party, and homebrew materials! There will be a decent amount of content from those sources as well in this adventure!&nbsp; Paid D&amp;D? This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 USD/session via Paypal, to be paid monthly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Pay-to-play is controversial, and I understand why people often don't want to pay for what they can get for free. But because you're paying me, I can offer production values for your buck. The payment helps with things like the Roll20 Pro subscription features, the SKT adventure, DMsGuild supplements, addons like Xanathar's Guide or Tome of Beasts, and additional Marketplace materials. I'll also be available on Discord for anything - concepts and storyline, questions with characters or rules, or tips/tricks with Roll20.&nbsp; Session One is a free trial and we can extend that trial if you're not sure about committing. Otherwise, there's no other commitment. I'm just one guy, and the games are still fairly casual. No charge on missed sessions, and I'm reasonable if money gets tight.&nbsp; The trial session is intended to make sure everyone fits well together; making sure everyone's playstyles fit is always important, so I want to make sure the group is picked carefully!&nbsp; Interested? If you haven't been scared off by this wall of text, please leave a message here! Please mention your timezone, and maybe tell me a bit about yourself, like games you prefer and moments you've particularly liked/disliked in your RPG career! The exact time on Wednesday is flexible - I can run a 3-4 hour session any time within 4pm-12am.&nbsp; I am dedicated to inclusion and diversity - real-world discrimination and prejudices will not be tolerated.&nbsp; LFG:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/173535/storm-kings-thunder" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/173535/storm-kings-thunder</a>
Hi I would love to join in on this session if possible. My name is Brandon and I am in the military. I am unfamiliar with your timezone so I would like to know what times you can run during PST times. Maybe if we talking in discord that would make things move smoother. I am fairly new to D&amp;D and tabletop gaming but I was enthralled with Warcraft's tabletop game and been playing WoW for 15 years now. I am 27 years old and would like to play with more experienced players and hopefully be apart of a group that will be kinder to a newer player. If you would like to contact me on discord my name is Skullkid#0986 #0986
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Brandon, glad to see you're interested! While I'm PST (Pacific/West Coast), I have the whole day free, so I can essentially play at any time in the afternoon/evening, depending on the group's preference. Being new to D&amp;D is no problem! The roleplaying aspect is a pretty big departure from typical WoW/MMOs gameplay, but it's not hard to get used to, and I can imagine you'll get the game mechanics down quickly!&nbsp; I tried to add you to Discord, but it says there isn't anyone with that name. I'll PM you with my info in just a minute!&nbsp;
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I currently have two people interested, with a third potentially. Still room for more!
Hey I'm interested in playing in your game! I live in the EST timezone. I'm an experienced rpg player and really dig the ease of dnd 5e, Although i'm more of a pathfinder player myself. The moments I like best are when the players overcome a tough challenge like a combat or put together a few clues. I hope you will let me join your game!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey there! I'll send you a PM in just a bit!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
We're starting to fill up, but I am still looking for at least 1-3 more! Hit me up if anyone's got any questions!
Mik holds the distinction of being the only Roll20 GM I've played with who was able to run the campaign from start to finish.&nbsp; He's also hella fun.&nbsp; I definitely recommend his games.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Jesse, I've still gotta get you back in one of my games these days!
I'm interested in this game, please send me a PM letting me know if you still need another
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Larry, I sent that PM, sorry for the lateness! Everyone else, there are still some slots open! We haven't started our session zero yet, and could use a couple more brave adventurers!
if you haven't been scared off by this wall of text, please leave a message here! Please mention your timezone, and maybe tell me a bit about yourself, like games you prefer and moments you've particularly liked/disliked in your RPG career! hiya, my name is amish around here, I live in EST timezone, been playing a menagerie of TTRPG systems for a good 5 years now, this playpen of experience includes,5e pathfinder, soon to be pathfinder the sequel,Monster of the week,reach of titan and a fallout PnP RPG my friends scraped off the internet love most reptiles, scared of whales and other big sea creatures, prefer games with a interest/focus on character dynamics and interactions, really flexing the R in RP, and 5 years mostly spent on roll20 has given me...a lot to think about so that can be covered if you find me worth your time in the PMs discord is&nbsp;amishrambo#3577 hope to hear from yea!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey, I'll fire you off a PM asap! Thanks!
Hi hi! I'm Eili and have been playing 3.5 and 5e for about 5 years, my friend, Roy has been into d&amp;d as both a player and dm for about 9 years. We are both on PST and would love to play an evening game. We love to roleplay, though Roy also enjoys combat quite a bit too (I dont hate combat but it isn't a primary focus for me). I enjoy creating well rounded characters and also commissioning a ton of art of them. The most fun I have is exploring character backstories and interactions with other players on the roleplay side. If you are looking for a duo to join, we would certainly be interested!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Eili, I'll send you a PM in just a minute!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello! We've got a party of 4 players, and we're looking for one more. Please message here or PM me if you're interested or have any questions!

Edited 1567815139
I'm new, but have played a different assortment of RPGs in my career (Talisman tabletop, early Final Fantasy, Everquest, WoW, currently waiting on Pantheon). I'm over 40 and have loads of free time. If Wednesdays from 5pm on work for you, send me a note!
You mis-spelled "Step 6" as "Sept 6"&nbsp; your wlecome
You mis-spelled "Step 6" as "Sept 6"&nbsp; your wlecome
I would be interested if something from 7pm PST. It would be hard to get home from work in time for a 6pm start.