Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [D&D 5E] Newer player looking to join a story and roleplay driven game.

-PST, but EST times work just as well for me if they're in the afternoon. Incredibly flexible, both weekends and weekdays work for me. -Willing to join into pre-existing games or start fresh. -Less then 15 hours of Experience. -Looking for weekly game with set time. -Capacity and willingness to learn and improve. -Looking for a GM that will actually read my character's backstory and even incorporate it into the game. Bonus points if they help me with it and ask questions about what's going on inside my head. -Looking to play a Samurai (Ancestral Guardian Barbarian) character traveling in a strange land. (Not going for a cringy naruto/anime character, think more like doom guy.) My character will most likely be disenfranchised with the nobility of the land, and the mechanisms which bound him to honor and duty have gone, leaving a shell of a man behind, so he wanders to try to find himself again. Because his faith is shattered, he is prone to fits of wrath. The techniques taught to him by his father allow him to use his ancestors to defend his allies and to be called on for wisdom.
I wouldn't mind playing/GMing with you. I'd rather GM but if you already found a GM I would love to play. I have been playing/GMing for about 2 years now in all kinds of systems, but mostly 5e. I am in EST (EDT right now because of daylight savings).
Eagle91 said: I wouldn't mind playing/GMing with you. I'd rather GM but if you already found a GM I would love to play. I have been playing/GMing for about 2 years now in all kinds of systems, but mostly 5e. I am in EST (EDT right now because of daylight savings). I haven't found a GM, but I also haven't found any other players. I might be able to ask my friends if they want to play. How many players would you like? I personally prefer smaller groups of 3-5.
Yeah, I think smaller groups is better for online play so 3-5 is fine. I'd love to GM for you guys if you think it is a good fit. I tend to run a homebrew world I have been building/running for a year, so I don't usually run any modules. Is that ok? If not, I don't mind running a module for you guys. If you know, what is the balance of play style you guys normally like? What is the percentage between Tactics/Roleplay you guys enjoy? Are you guys interested in using dndbeyond for character sheets? I think it would be good to have one game and run through it to see how things go. If you like it then we can do a longer run. Is that cool?
Eagle91 said: Yeah, I think smaller groups is better for online play so 3-5 is fine. I'd love to GM for you guys if you think it is a good fit. I tend to run a homebrew world I have been building/running for a year, so I don't usually run any modules. Is that ok? If not, I don't mind running a module for you guys. If you know, what is the balance of play style you guys normally like? What is the percentage between Tactics/Roleplay you guys enjoy? Are you guys interested in using dndbeyond for character sheets? I think it would be good to have one game and run through it to see how things go. If you like it then we can do a longer run. Is that cool? That all sounds perfect honestly. With modules it's hard to incorporate the character's backstories and use them for storytelling. I personally like a lot of rolepllaying, talking, etc, but also enjoy combat. I also enjoy doing a lot of setting up and planning for like heists or ambushes. I love homebrew as long as it doesn't stray too far from the rules, it's probably the best for me. I'll ask my friends if they'd be down. My discord is Lfmr#0040
I sent you a discord invite
Do you guys need another player? I'm fairly new as well and would love to jump in for a weekly session, preferably on the weekend. (EST) My discord is Jisatu#6473 if you've got an open spot!
I think we are full up man. If someone drops out or something we will let you know
No problem. Have fun!