Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][D&D 5E] Semi-new player looking for game

Edited 1566591756
I'm a player that is new to Roll20.net and to some degree pen and paper D&D. I've played in one Villains and Vigilantes game and a 5E/homebrew game (more on this later). That said I'm not entirely new to the D&D realm, having read a few books, played a number of D&D based games, and for the sake of RP delved extensively into the lore/information of at least Forgotten realms based material. So I'm not a complete novice, but may still need help from time to time. I'm also pretty tech literate so hopefully figuring out the nuances of Roll20 shouldn't be too hard for me! So, with that said... I am looking to join a group, existing or new (although my preference on new). However I do already have an existing character that I would like to use and I know that it's not a conventional character, so I would prefer a game that allows homebrew at least to some extent. Without going into too much detail, the character is an undead knight (not a deathknight, a character that was a knight prior to death and came back). I am a bit flexible on this to some degree (particularly the class if the DM feels it's too strong given the circumstances) and willing to alter a few things, but I would like the core of the character to remain intact. This is the character from the aforementioned 5E/homebrew game.. but that game has only seen a few sessions and seems to have stalled out. I really really liked the character concept and want the chance to actually play it to some degree, which is why I'm primarily interested in using this character at this time. At the moment my schedule is open for the most part with unscheduled events happening here and there (I do a lot of work around the house, and so something may come up, but for the most part I can work around it). I am based in CST time, but that doesn't mean I'm not available in the dead of the night or what have you. If any of this sounds doable to you, please do not be afraid to contact me if you'd like to see my character. And as I said, I AM willing to be flexible about it, so if it seems unbalanced to you I am willing to work with you to modify it, but there are a few things I am firm on (like the fact she's undead). Oh, and I am over 18 and thus am not afraid of games with mature content! Thanks for your time!
Hi Rennia, I am running a Chinese Historial Campaign and I just saw your post. If you are interested in a mostly historical campaign. Please feel free to contact me.  I've sent a DM to you. KC
Still waiting to hear back from KC, still looking for games in the mean time (probably have time for more than one to be honest!)
Salutations! I'm running a homebrew Storm King's Thunder campaign heavily inspired by ancient India and ancient Central Asia. We play weekly on Friday evenings at 6:30 PM PST (8:30 PM CST). Presently, we have 7 players; I'm looking to add 1 player in September. Please note we do use video and voice, so a functioning webcam is required. Discord is used for voice and roll20 for video. We use milestone levelling to avoid level (and ability) discrepancies. The application period is open until Saturday, August 31st. The setting is high magic, with magic items abundant and enemy spellcasters not uncommon. Familiarity with Asian history is not a prerequisite. While historical authenticity will be preserved in respect to appearance and language and culture, this is still a fantasy TTRPG. The fundamental trappings remain, and the prevalence of magic introduces degrees of modernity. The party is level 6 and includes: Artificer ( Battle Smith ) Barbarian ( Path of the Ancestral Guardian ) Monk ( Way of the Kensei ) Revised Ranger ( Beast Master ) Rogue ( Arcane Trickster ) Sorcerer ( Wild Magic ) Warlock ( Hexblade ) If you're interested,  here  is a link to the roll20 game listing. When applying, please ensure your application is in the correct discussion. Applications posted elsewhere will be disregarded. You can reach me via Discord:  darren#2031 . Happy gaming!
Sadly, while that sounds fun, webcam is a no go for me. I neither have one, nor really have the space to really feel comfortable using them. That said, I have no issue for voice if there are other groups out there that want/require voice communication!