Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][FREE][Vampire 5e] Gauging interest for Vampire 5e game, collaboratively built.

Edited 1566661795
EDIT - Fixed the link to be the proper one Hello, one and all I will be running an original Vampire the Masquerade 5 th Edition game, and am accepting players. &nbsp; The hope is that this will be a fun and continuing chronicle, depending on the results of the experience we encounter here. &nbsp; The quality of the experience with this group will determine the life and progression of this chronicle. &nbsp; This will be my first attempt at running the game with the new 5 th edition rules, though I’ve run previous editions extensively. &nbsp; More complete information is available on the forum for the game listing. &nbsp; Please place applications there, though you are welcome to express interest here or in direct messages. &nbsp; Please make sure to read the Application Information (warning – very long) and the Application Topics to Answer threads to know what we’re looking for. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/173723/vampire-v5-game-to-be-renamed-later" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/173723/vampire-v5-game-to-be-renamed-later</a> TL;DR – If you’re not going to be serious about playing the game, and don’t want/intend to play in a fun and cooperative, as well as mature manner, this isn’t the game for you. &nbsp; The post is long to make some points clear from the beginning. Note #1 – Due to the vast number of players seeking games versus the small number of games and GMs available, and the varying quality/types of players applying for games, this post and the information given will be a bit longer than most, &nbsp; thus this game is for mature people, serious roleplayers wanting to have fun with a serious game. &nbsp; Vampire the Masquerade by its very nature is serious, though that doesn’t mean there can’t be fun involved of course. &nbsp; This is to ensure a great experience for everyone, and increases the chances of a full and rich chronicle. &nbsp; Those that truly want to be involved with the game will have to be patient , and not mind doing some thinking and typing. &nbsp; It doesn’t cause permanent damage, I promise! Note #2 – This game is not ready to be immediately played as soon as you read this post, or even tomorrow. &nbsp; This is not a situation where you will be able to sit down and play right this second . &nbsp; It is not finished and ready to go at this moment . &nbsp; These things take time to happen. &nbsp; The long application separates interested players from incompatible players, and is a necessary evil. &nbsp; Otherwise it’s a waste of time for everyone . &nbsp; Note #3 – There will be a Session 0 prior to the first game session. &nbsp; During this session we will build characters, and flesh out the framework of the chronicle and build it together, so your characters feel more organic and invested in the game world. &nbsp; We do not mind helping anyone when needed, especially newer players. Some basic information you will need (the full post is on the game listing forum) is as follows: Experience: &nbsp; This game is completely and totally open to any and all levels of experience, from someone who is so new they just heard about roleplaying ten seconds ago, to someone that’s had decades of experience playing and/or running games. Inclusion: &nbsp; We’re a very open and accepting game table. &nbsp; We are completely and totally fine with and welcoming of any group, including LGBTQ+ players, religious beliefs, race, ethnicity, political views, etc and will not tolerate any disrespect, hate speech, harassing, bullying, slurring or any other negative speech or behavior towards anyone for any reason. &nbsp; We’re here to play a game, roleplay, and have a good time, not debate the merits or faults of a political figure, religious figure, etc. &nbsp; By the same token, as we respect you and your infinite levels of diversity, please also respect us and ours. &nbsp; Respect is mutually given. &nbsp; Age Requirements: &nbsp; In order to be considered for this game, I am only accepting players 21 years old or older with a possibility of a minor exception or two for those 18 and above , since age doesn’t guarantee maturity. The game is much like the real world as we know it, such as in places like New York, Chicago or Los Angeles, but darker and more ominous. &nbsp; It will have darker themes, mature subject matter, explicit language, and so on. &nbsp; Intimate scenes will use the “fade to black” technique. &nbsp; It will be “gothic punk” horror, and realistic in the terms of the sorts of situations that real people in the real world deal with (death, murder, violence, bad people, poverty, homelessness, subjective morality, and so on). Time Zone: &nbsp; I am in the Eastern time zone of the United States (EDT during spring and summer, EST during fall and winter) (GMT/UTC -4 during spring and summer/-5 during fall and winter). &nbsp; My times are flexible, so I can accommodate several time zone brackets if necessary, within reason. &nbsp; Middle to later evening (starting around 7 PM to 9 PM or so our time) our time games are better for my girlfriend (who will be playing) and myself. &nbsp; As mentioned, though, we are able to be somewhat flexible in the times. Please apply on the game listing . &nbsp; Applications will be accepted for a period of two weeks , making the deadline for applications to be sent in on 09/06/2019, by midnight Eastern (USA) time. &nbsp; If you’re not sure when that is in relation to your own time zone, check this link - <a href="https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/" rel="nofollow">https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/</a> Game Duration: &nbsp; Normal game duration is approximately four (4) hours, with some variance. &nbsp; This may run a little over or a little under, depending on circumstances. Days Available: &nbsp; Though our schedule is flexible, we do have things we have to deal with, and some of them do vary from time to time. &nbsp; Generally, we can play Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays with an earlier cut off time, and Fridays with a reasonable cut off time . &nbsp; We have a game we play together on Saturdays, so that day is not available for us to have the game. &nbsp; These days may vary occasionally due to doctor appointments and other such things. &nbsp; Just as we’re understanding of the fact that life may occasionally throw monkey wrenches your way and turn your schedule on its ear, it sometimes throws a few our way as well with similar results. Method of Communication: &nbsp; This is a voice game, with voice handled through Discord, and the character sheets, etc handled through Roll20. At any rate, thanks for reading this immense wall of text, and for being interested enough to apply. &nbsp; Please put your applications on the listing forum. &nbsp; I look forward to some fun and engaging gaming, and making a few new friends. The information we need is as follows: Name – This can be your name, nickname, etc. &nbsp; Just something we can call you. Age – You don’t have to put exact numbers. &nbsp; Ballpark is fine. Roleplaying Experience – You don’t have to have been playing since the dawn of time, or anything. &nbsp; It’s just for an idea of how much may have to be explained. &nbsp; Please include any experience with Vampire the Masquerade , or any of the World of Darkness in general. &nbsp; Experience with it, or experience period, is not required. Game types you like – Just a brief description of the sort of game you enjoy. &nbsp; Intrigue? &nbsp; Action? &nbsp; Drama? &nbsp; Angst? &nbsp; Whatever element(s) that tickle your fancy is what we’re looking for, and several elements can be listed of course. &nbsp; It’s actually preferred but not required. Game types you don’t like – The opposite of the above question. Character types you enjoy playing – A very brief idea of the sorts of characters really hook you into a game. Character types you don’t enjoy playing – A very brief idea of the sort of characters that make you either yawn or lose your lunch trying to play. Limits of themes to explore – This is an idea of particular topics or themes that make you, the player, uncomfortable in a game setting. &nbsp; Common ones are rape, fictional racism (in character only, we don’t tolerate it for real in the real world), pedophilia (which I wouldn’t have in a game anyway), etc. Anything I didn’t ask that you feel should be known/discussed – Pretty self explanatory. &nbsp; This is where to make note of any facet or idea that you want to let me know you’re interested in, want to discuss, or simply should be aware of.

Edited 1566651730
Hey Cowboy, the game sounds very interesting (you weren't kidding about the wall of text). But the link you posted doesn't seem to work. It says I'm not authorized, you may have made this link/forum private. I'm definitely interested though, and would like to apply whenever the forum is open.
Hi, I'm interested in playing as well.&nbsp;

Edited 1566662758
Sorry about that, I copied the wrong link.&nbsp; Here's the listing link <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/173723/vampire-v5-game-to-be-renamed-later" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/173723/vampire-v5-game-to-be-renamed-later</a> That aside, thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you and other potential players
The game is in motion, we're two sessions in, but unfortunately, we had a player that had unexpected personal circumstance changes, and had to drop out as a result. However, this does create an open slot in the game, so we're now looking for a new player.&nbsp; The information above, such as the listing and application stuff, is all still the same and valid. The rundown on the game is as follows:&nbsp; Its a modern nights Camarilla focused game, set in New Orleans.&nbsp; The coterie are all 12th Generation, and even though some of them are recently Embraced, they're given the 15 experience point bonus to spend at creation, as everyone else had.&nbsp; Any questions or assistance required will be happily provided, or questions answered.&nbsp; There is an application thread on the forum for the game listing itself
This slot has been filled.&nbsp; Thank you for your interest