Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Sharing Clarification

I purchased a plus subscription earlier today after reading info that a CREATOR or GM of a game could share the compendium with other players. I've gotten very mixed messages across many different boards. " Compendium Sharing is a way for GMs and game owners to share their compendium access with players in their games." This appears to not be the case and would like official word on exactly how this is supposed to work (if at all) and why the wording would be this way if sharing as a player or GM/Co-GM is not possible. While extremely i nconvenient to have to begin two new campaigns, I guess I'll do what I have to do in that case.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sharing only shares the owner's compendiums. Can't answer why it's worded that way unfortunately.
That's what I was worried about. Should probably be edited in the wiki to provide a more clear picture of how compendium sharing actually works. At least removing the line specifically about being able to share as a GM, which is clearly a false statement.