Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Problem with Nesting macros, Specific Failure with calling on Macro

I seem to be having some trouble setting up a Nested macro to help de-clutter a wizard's character token. Going off a 3 year old tutorial, I use this macro, /w Playername &{template:default}{{name=1st Levels}}{{[Burning Hands](!
#BH)}} While Testing, the only result that comes out, Is #BH. BH is what I've set the macro name to be, and the macro is already filled out on the actual called macro side. The macro, "BH" just won't work when it is called through the nested method, but works fine when otherwise rolled, I've done this before and had it work, but I managed to screw up somehow beyond me.                 Any help would be much appreciated.
1567165836
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should work if the macro exists and is properly named. Does it work for you as the GM, and fail for the player? In which case, check the permissions (open the BH macro, scroll down and check Visible to Players). Otherwise, check the name, because I just tested it using a macro named BH and it worked fine.
It doesn't work for both of us, and the sheet is visible. I've tried it on a  new roll20, I think I might create a character sheet for him to hold different level spells from.  Not sure if this helps further, but the problem with the macro was its failure to actually roll the BH macro after being clicked, but as I said just going to create spell tokens. Thank you for responding.
1567254532
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Patrionparrot said: It doesn't work for both of us, and the sheet is visible.  In case of misunderstanding, I was talking about the macro's visibility settings (which are hidden by default and easy to miss), not the sheet's visibility.