Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marketplace Filters...

This interface is terrible. I'm unable to look up certain publishers. I noticed Paizo and Wizards of the Coast got a category. Is there some way to look up a certain publisher in the filter.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It looks to me like all the authors/publishers that have something on the marketplace are listed.  It is going by exact spelling though, so if your spelling is off, it shows no results.  If you want the entire list, just type a letter in the search bar to bring up the dropdown, then delete that letter.  The dropdown will still be up, but won't be filtering with anything leaving you with the full list of their authors right at the top in alphabetical order.  There are more filters as you scroll down, but the authors/publishers are the first (and longest) list.
Here's some constructive feedback.... but not a fan of the new store site. I used to be able to see more than 24 items on a page.  Now I can't. Searching is more cumbersome. If you're going to add filters, add some exclude filters for publishers - so I don't have to see any Paizo products when I am looking for D&D stuff, (or vice versa). Allow disabling the promo bar.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Curtis T. said: Here's some constructive feedback.... but not a fan of the new store site. I used to be able to see more than 24 items on a page.  Now I can't. Searching is more cumbersome. If you're going to add filters, add some exclude filters for publishers - so I don't have to see any Paizo products when I am looking for D&D stuff, (or vice versa). Allow disabling the promo bar. A quick test shows that you can type in "-paizo" to exclude paizo results. plaguestone -paizo results in no return plaguestone return the new Paizo adventure path saltmarsh -paizo returns the Sinister secret of Saltmarsh (WotC)
Yes, but it would be cumbersome to exclude more than a single publisher. Think Amazon's list of vendors and checkboxes. Actually, any time you are working on a store front - think Amazon.

Edited 1567885619
Paizo nd wizard of the coast is being pushed entirely too hard. I get it's money. But to not have a publishers filter is just mind boggling to me. And to have paizo or WoC in just about every search result is insidious. The links for the publishers have not been working properly either. C'mon we are the ones who support you, let's give a little to the publishers. More and more roll20 minded sites are appearing that are far more thankful for their supporters. Don't get caught in the corporate greediness of it all. HAVE A PUBLISHERS FILTER!! I ONLY BUY CERTAIN TOKENS AND MAPS.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you give an example of a search that is causing unwanted results? It might be clearer what the problem is then. Every provider on the marketplace is a "publisher" from a large company like Wizards of the Coast to someone who has only made a single token pack. Well, technically, they are "Authors". You can search for or exclude any of them. Looking up "Goblin" is going to return everyone who has a goblin keyword. If you are asking why there is no filter for authors, that's likely because there are dozens if not hundreds of them. It would be more cumbersome to list them all and check off their names than it would be to simply type. If you are truly lobbying for the inclusion of such a filter, that would probably be best directed towards the Suggestions Forum .