Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] GMAura -- GM-only auras that follow tokens around.

The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
GMAura v0.1.0 GMAura creates gm-only auras on selected or specified tokens. Auras are created as invisible tokens on the GM layer with their aura 1 set up with the specified options. Changes to the location and size of the original token will be mimicked by the aura tokens. Changes to the location and size of the aura tokens will be reverted to keep them synchronized to the object layer token. To remove an aura, simply delete its gm layer token. Removal of the object layer token will cause the aura tokens to be cleaned up. Commands !gm-aura --help Show this help. !gm-aura [--color &lt;color&gt; | --c &lt;color&gt;] [--radius &lt;radius&gt; | --r &lt;radius&gt;] [--square | --s] [--ids &lt;token id&gt; [token id ...]] This command creates an invisible ura token on the GM layer for each selected or specified token. --color &lt;color&gt; &nbsp;-- Sets the color of the created aura. (Default:&nbsp; #ff00ff ) Any color format that works for TokenMod works (except&nbsp; transparent ). --c &lt;color&gt; &nbsp;-- Shorthand for&nbsp; --color . --radius &lt;radius&gt; &nbsp;-- Sets the radius of the created aura. The number is relative to the page just like regular auras, usually 5 for one square. (Default:&nbsp; 0 , or just on the token.) --r &lt;radius&gt; &nbsp;-- Shorthand for&nbsp; --radius . --square &nbsp;-- Sets the created aura to be square. (Default:&nbsp; round ) --s &nbsp;-- Shorthand for&nbsp; --square . --ids &lt;token id&gt; [token id ...] &nbsp;-- a list of token ids to create auras for. !gm-aura&nbsp;--color&nbsp;#ff0000&nbsp;--radius&nbsp;10&nbsp;--square Note: &nbsp;You can create multi-line commands by enclosing the arguments after&nbsp; !gm-aura &nbsp;in&nbsp; {{ &nbsp;and&nbsp; }} . !gm-aura&nbsp;{{ &nbsp;&nbsp;--c&nbsp;rgb(.7,.7,.3) &nbsp;&nbsp;--r&nbsp;15 }} Note: &nbsp;You can use inline rolls as part of your command !gm-aura&nbsp;--radius&nbsp;[[1d3*5]] Colors Colors can be specified in multiple formats: HTML Color &nbsp;-- This is 6 or 3 hexadecimal digits, optionally prefaced by&nbsp; # . Digits in a 3 digit hexadecimal color are doubled. All of the following are the same:&nbsp; #ff00aa ,&nbsp; #f0a ,&nbsp; ff00aa ,&nbsp; f0a RGB Color &nbsp;-- This is an RGB color in the format&nbsp; rgb(1.0,1.0,1.0) &nbsp;or&nbsp; rgb(256,256,256) . Decimal numbers are in the scale of 0.0 to 1.0, integer numbers are scaled 0 to 256. Note that numbers can be outside this range for the purpose of doing math. HSV Color &nbsp;-- This is an HSV color in the format&nbsp; hsv(1.0,1.0,1.0) &nbsp;or&nbsp; hsv(360,100,100) . Decimal numbers are in the scale of 0.0 to 1.0, integer numbers are scaled 0 to 360 for the hue and 0 to 100 for saturation and value. Note that numbers can be outside this range for the purpose of doing math. Code: <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/GMAura/GMAura.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/GMAura/GMAura.js</a> Support my work on If you use my scripts, want to contribute, and have the spare bucks to do so , go right ahead. However, please don't feel like you must contribute just to use them! I'd much rather have happy Roll20 users armed with my scripts than people not using them out of some sense of shame. Use them and be happy, completely guilt-free! Disclaimer: This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Nifty! &nbsp;Thanks, Aaron. But to accomplish the goal of the DM seeing an aura on a PC token without the player seeing it, couldn’t you just set the aura settings on the token to neither “Players” nor “Edit”? &nbsp;I think that means even the players that control the token won’t see the aura, while you will. &nbsp;That is how I have my light crumbs tokens set up, so I can easily see at a glance what range of vision the players are getting from it, without inflicting the aura on them so they see the map as intended.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This looks very handy. Any chance you could add support for at least some of the colour labels html uses, like #red, #blue, etc, and translate them into whatever the html number is?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Joe, you could certainly do that. With TokenMod, players could change that, or you might already have a purpose for them. This gives the GM an unlimited number of other auras that players can't see or change. GiGs, I can probably do that. =D &nbsp;