Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[WOTC] D&D Essentials Kit and Additional Adventures Bug Thread

Edited 1569511831
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Kit and/or Storm Lord's Wrath , Sleeping Dragon's Wake , and Divine Contention ! Quick Guide Accessing your content Module The D&D Essentials Kit is a module . To create a new game based off of the module, click on the Start New Game option from the site menu. The column on the right hand side of the page is titled Optional: Choose a Module. Underneath this are thumbnail tiles for all the various Roll20 modules that are available. For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a check mark icon appear over the thumbnail tile. Clicking on the tile will select this module to be used as the base for this new game. Addon The Storm Lord's Wrath , Sleeping Dragon's Wake , and Divine Contention adventures have been created as an addons . These content packages are available via a dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page . Select the desired adventure and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop down menu. Which Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Dungeons & Dragons by Roll20 sheet. Bug Reporting Guide To help us find the best solution to any issues that may occur with your purchased content, please fill out as many of the following as are applicable when making a report: A short, detailed description of the problem What is the issue, How is it affecting your game, What is happening, What should happen? Clear and concise information is the most helpful in seeking out solutions Copy-paste any error codes received Include screenshots of the issue  Resolved Issues Game banner now loads for D&D Essentials Kit Storm Lord's Wrath Apprentice Wizard, Marid, and Ogre tokens updated (1.1) Storm Lord's Wrath text formatting updated across addon for consistency (1.1) Sleeping Dragon's Wake Alkilith, Ogre Zombie, Telna Urkil, Viantha Cruelhex, Wraith tokens updated (1.1) D&D Essentials Kit fixes for minor typos (1.1) 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In case anyone needs links: Essentials Kit Standard Edition Essentials Kit Deluxe Edition Addons: Essentials Kit: Storm Lord's Wrath Essentials Kit: Sleeping Dragon's Wake Essentials Kit: Divine Contention
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
As has been the case with the last several D&D releases, there is no game art once a new game has been created with the module.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
In the Addon Storm Lord's Wrath: The avatar for several tokens seems broken. These are: Apprentice Wizard, Marid, Ogre 2, Several monsters have the number 2 as part of their name. These are: Commoner 2, Ghoul 2, Invisible Stalker 2, Manticore 2, Ogre 2, Veteran 2 In the Addon Storm Lord's Wrath: The avatar for several tokens seems broken. These are: Telna Urkil, Alkilith, Ogre Zombie, Viantha Cruelhex, Wraith 2,  Several creatures/monsters have a number as part of their name. These are: Gallio Elibro 2, Ghoul 3, Scout 2, Specter 2, Swashbuckler 2, Veteran 3, Wraith 2, Zombie 2 In the Addon Divine Contention Several creatures/monsters have a number as part of their name. These are: Claugiyliamatar 2, Gallio Elibro 3, Air Elemental Myrmidon 2, Bandit 2, Bandit Captain 2, Berserker 2, Commoner 3, Cult Fanatic 2, Cultist 2, Drow Elite Warrior 2, Ghast 2, Ghoul 4, Giant Skeleton 2, Greater Zombie 2, Guard 2, Invisible Stalker 3, Mage 2, Prist 2, Scout 3, Skeleton 2, Star Spawn Mangler 2, Sword Wraith Warrior 2, Veteran 4, Wraith 3, Zombie 3
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi Loren, thanks for the report! Monsters will have numbers after their names if they appear in each of the different addons. For instance, if mage appears in both Divine Contention and Storm Lord's Wrath, the second addon you added to your game will have a "2" after. This is so that the addons can function independently if you only wanted to play/buy one without installing the others! I'll investigate the broken avatar issue.

Edited 1567555303
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ashton said: Hi Loren, thanks for the report! Monsters will have numbers after their names if they appear in each of the different addons. For instance, if mage appears in both Divine Contention and Storm Lord's Wrath, the second addon you added to your game will have a "2" after. This is so that the addons can function independently if you only wanted to play/buy one without installing the others! I'll investigate the broken avatar issue. That seems a bit bloat-inducing and counter-intuitive to the way previous addons have worked, which seemed to sort through all monsters and move them all into the main module monster lists. For example, the main module of Dragon Heist has Veteran as one of the monsters in game. If I add the Summer Addon (which includes the Veteran monster) it doesn't create a duplicate, but instead leaves a note that says THIS FOLDER WILL BE EMPTY WHEN ADDED IN TO DRAGON HEIST in the addon NPC and Monsters section and then moves the new monsters into the main folder structure, while not doubling Veteran. And if I create a blank game and just use the Summer Addon, everything stays in the addon folder.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
When Creating a new game, the Module doesn't appear under Choose a Module, but rather under From the Marketplace (implying it hasn't been purchased yet). Additionally, I'm seeing this same behavior with The Master's Vault as well - all other purchased modules are appearing correctly under Choose a Module.

Edited 1567594053
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Art work appears to be missing from some of the Conditions under DM Screen Information. There is art on the cards for Blinded, Frightened, Grappled, Incapacitated, Invisible, Poisoned, and Restrained, but there is no art shown on these handouts. The art appears correctly on the card deck for Conditions. Regarding the Sidekick cards (I believe they are called NPC Portraits and NPC Text for the deck names), it would be helpful to have these as handouts as well as cards (similar to magic items), especially since the information on these cards is split between two decks. This would help with both DM reference, and give options for how players can access the info about their companions.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
D&D Essentials Kit Game banner image now shows up for new games Storm Lord's Wrath 1.1 Apprentice Wizard, Marid, and Ogre tokens updated Text formatting updated across addon for consistency Sleeping Dragon's Wake 1.1 Alkilith, Ogre Zombie, Telna Urkil, Viantha Cruelhex, Wraith tokens updated
Not a big one but, spelling: In Phandalin Quests, under Harbin Wester, Quest giver: Second Paragraph: "Characters who knock on Harbin’s door hear his voice on the other side say, If you’re a dragon, know that Iím far too thin and bony." Checked this in both chrome and internet explorer, plus the android app.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jens - Thanks for the report! I'll get that updated for patch 1.1.
As I read further, it looks like this is present in more places. 
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jens - Sorry about that! I'll make a note to do a sweep, and thank you again for reporting.

Edited 1569420191
Attack rolls are Whispered. ...tho today it might be a good thing, because I have new players, so a lot of fudging might happen  :P Anyway General: PC rolls are not whispered, nor are any form monsters I drag in from monsters maunal Made sure to set game to Never Whisper Rolls Applied default settings in game Cross-testing Tried using chrome, firefox and Edge Tried using another computer Disabled all scripts (used Welcome package before) Went back to an old game(and rolls are not whispered there) Log (Giant Rat biting) Finished after going 3 levels deep. app.js?1569339984:559 Begin processing op! app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Finished 3 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Finished 5 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Finished 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Finished 1 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Finished 2 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Finished 4 app.js?1569339984:559 Levels deep: 0 app.js?1569339984:559 Inline rolls complete!
Workaround for above problem Put it to Whisper Toggle
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jens, I'll have a developer look into this! D&D Essentials Kit Patch 1.1 Fixed (hopefully all!) minor typos caused by errant character
Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but the Druid Spell list in the compendium does not include the spell "Beast Sense" but instead has listed "Blindness Deafness" twice in its place.  Cheers :)

Edited 1572449293
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
George M. said: Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but the Druid Spell list in the compendium does not include the spell "Beast Sense" but instead has listed "Blindness Deafness" twice in its place.  Cheers :) Hi George, I took the liberty of crossposting your report in this thread , which is the catch-all for WotC issues that lack a dedicated thread. I have confirmed, this is specifically an SRD issue, but appears correctly in the PHB.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, thank you for purchasing the Essentials Kit. We anticipate updating the product in the coming weeks to include compendium and charactermancer support. Thank you all for your patience, and I hope you're all having fun playing through the Essentials Kit adventures on Roll20!
Hello! Brand new user, trying to purchase the Essentials Kit module for my first campaign. Every time I've navigated to the screen to make the purchase, I run into some sort of long error message.  I've followed all of your troubleshooting guides and nothing has worked. My specs are as follows: ChromeOS (64bit) Chrome Web Browser ver. 76.0.3809.102 Javascript enabled. Here's the error message. An error was encountered Don't worry; it's not like you triggered the end of the world...right? If you message us about the error, please give us the error ID below so we can look it up: dbfc6af3e9354391a4bf380cca2ea26b   
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dylan - Thanks for the report, and I'm sorry you're having trouble! Could you email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> with the information you've included above so we can get you sorted out as quickly as possible? Thanks!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, closing this thread! If you have content bug reports please report in the Wizards of the Coast Bug Megathread .