Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nimble Gnome - Drop-in Settlements duplicated file names

Hello, looks like some of the files for Fairhaven duplicate the Pencliff ones, so it's a pain the butt to install both in a single game as they overwrite each other. How do I report this issue to the creator?
LongNight
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Simon,  Thanks for letting me know about the issue. Which files are being duplicated? Unless I'm mistaken about how folder structure works in-game, each pack has it's own top-level folder, with the subfolders containing the handouts which have similar names. Those in the sub-folders shouldn't be duplicating.  Thanks Trivia for bringing my attention to this thread. Can you confirm that's how the folder structure works?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The issue appears to be the maps: Fairhaven: Pencliff: Fairhaven + Pencliff I'd bet dollars to donuts that when you created the second Addon, you started by making a copy of the first Addon (or Transmogriphied the source map from it).  The issue is that both the Fairhaven and Pencliff map have the same "unique" id: Which means the second Addon's primary map will overwrite the first one's. A hack solution if you have a Pro Subscription (which Simon S. does) is to create another game with the Addon whose map you are missing, then use the Transmogriphier to copy the missing map into the primary game.  HOWEVER, the IDs will still be duplicated, which can cause problems with some API scripts (those that deal with pages) and may cause other subtle issues (for example, if any of the graphics were reused between the two maps, they will also have duplicate "unique" ids, and API scripts operating on them will be unpredictable regarding which one will get manipulated. (you can fix that issue by selecting all on each layer, then cut and paste all the objects, which forces a new ID to be generated.)). Other than that, this is an issue that needs to be fixed in the Addon by the Roll20 Devs.
LongNight
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ah, yep, that is indeed what I did. Thanks Aaron! I'll get with the dev team to see what can be done. 
NightKnight said: Ah, yep, that is indeed what I did. Thanks Aaron! I'll get with the dev team to see what can be done.  Hiyah, cheers for.coming back so quickly - it's more than just the maps, but I'm working atm and it's been a hell of a day so can't give details as yet. I'll duplicate it tonight. Great product otherwise, worth the purchase.
So, I just tried to Transmogrify from Fairhaven to Pencliff and got the following: There is already an existing Handouts with that ID named Pencliff Map Key & Notes. If you transfer this object, it will overwrite the existing object. Are you sure? (OK to continue, Cancel to cancel) There is already an existing Handouts with that ID named Description & History. If you transfer this object, it will overwrite the existing object. Are you sure? (OK to continue, Cancel to cancel) There is already an existing Handouts with that ID named d8 Plot Hooks / Rumors. If you transfer this object, it will overwrite the existing object. Are you sure? (OK to continue, Cancel to cancel) There is already an existing Handouts with that ID named Intro (Read First!). If you transfer this object, it will overwrite the existing object. Are you sure? (OK to continue, Cancel to cancel) (NOTE - I CANCELLED ALL OF THE ABOVE, I DID NOT OVERWRITE) I then added Fairhaven in by the usual Add-in method, and I got: Pencliff map (with numbers) overwritten by Fairhaven and everything in the Pencliff notes section overwritten by Fairhaven items (I clicked on each to confirm) Fairhaven section only has NPCs in it, everything else gets written over Pencliff (even the Fairhaven Map Key and Notes gets put in the Pencliff section, because it seems to be called Pencliff Map Key and Notes. I worked out a way around it for the game the other night, I just made copies of the Pencliff stuff first then added Fairhaven in, but I did think I was going mad at one point lol
By the way, take you time matey, don't bust a gut over it unless you've got other customers complaining. It is what it is.