Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about The Fall of Plaguestone Map Pack on Roll20

Hi all, Just wanted to confirm that the map pack supplied with the Roll20 "The Fall of Plaguestone" contains all the maps needed to run this module?  It says "6 maps", but I'm not clear that this is ALL of the maps needed. Thanks,
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
All Roll20 modules and addons contain everything that is contained inside the published material. All the maps and tokens provided by the publisher company is included.
In the product description, it says it includes  " 32 NPCs integrated into the VTT with complete character sheets and click-to-roll actions"  Does this include "Creatures" that are pulled straight from the Bestiary (e.g., Grizzly Bear, Boar, Zephyr Hawk, Giant Bat, Orc Brute, etc), or am i going to need to buy the Bestiary pack to have access to these?
Hello Noah H., Thank you for your question. We are working on getting this answer for you. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know. Thank you for your patience.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As Pat says, modules include everything you need to run the module. If monsters are listed in the physical book they'll be in the module. If the module alludes to something else from elsewhere then it won't be included but this should be rare (Storm Kings Thunder for example has one particular NPC mentioned who is part of another module so their information isn't included but everything else is).

Edited 1572638860
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
As someone who is running the module currently, I can answer your questions, Chirag and Noah, with a little more specificity. !!!!!! WARNING: Spoilers Ahead !!!!!! Chirag D. said: Hi all, Just wanted to confirm that the map pack supplied with the Roll20 "The Fall of Plaguestone" contains all the maps needed to run this module?  It says "6 maps", but I'm not clear that this is ALL of the maps needed. Thanks, Chirag, these are all the maps from the hard copy of the book. Additionally, the module comes with a bonus map created by David Hemenway. This is a recreation of the map needed for the opening fight of the module that is created in a style that I personally find much preferable to the default map style of the module. There are 10 map pages in the module. They are: The module splash screen David Hemenway's recreation of the Mangy Pack encounter A map of Etran's Folly (AKA Plaguestone) with all points of interest specified. Locations that the players won't know about right away (anything other than the feedmill if I remember correctly) are hidden on the GM layer and can be easily moved to a player visible layer when they are discovered. A page of maps for small miscellaneous encounters that your players may or may not run into The original mangy pack map The old orchard Old Shrine Rosemary Bushes Trin's house Hallod's Hideout The Blighted Den The Pen Spite's Cradle Upper Level Spite's Cradle Lower Level A page with all the tokens used in the adventure arranged in a grid There are only two encounters I've seen in the module that do not have a map. The first is the bar brawl, which works perfectly fine as a theater of the mind encounter, but I used some marketplace assets (again by David Hemenway) to make a tavern map just to get my players in the mood. The other one is the final encounter with Vilree's minion at the very end of the module. However, the way the encounter is supposed to run (my party hasn't gotten here yet), the encounter doesn't really need a combat map or could be run very well on the map of Etran's Folly. Noah H. said: In the product description, it says it includes  " 32 NPCs integrated into the VTT with complete character sheets and click-to-roll actions"  Does this include "Creatures" that are pulled straight from the Bestiary (e.g., Grizzly Bear, Boar, Zephyr Hawk, Giant Bat, Orc Brute, etc), or am i going to need to buy the Bestiary pack to have access to these? Yes, every enemy is statted out. Enemies that have Paizo sanctioned art (Paizo has published something with art for the creature) have art tokens. Creatures without sanctioned art have a token with the creature's initial on it. This is due to product licensing restrictions. There are also tokens for NPCs/creatures that do not have stats. NPCs like Amora Kasillan that there is no probably reason to have in a combat encounter. Hope that helps, Scott
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the mention Scott C. The Roadside Ambush maps is one of my favorite things I did last year. :)
Scott C. - Thank you for your comprehensive response.  I haven't bought anything from the marketplace before,  but your answer has helped to convince me to do so. 
Oh Wow! I am super impressed with how organized and helpful the Journal section is. The number of hours of work this has saved me... Wow!  This may be one of the best purchase decisions i have ever made. LOL