Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Cannot Add a spell to a Wizard's sheet (from inscribing a scroll)

I followed youtube videos and tutorials, I cleared cache, I tried both firefox and chrome. Dragging from entry in compendium onto the open spell slot. I get the highlight, but when I let go of the mouse to drop it in... nothing. Can anyone please tell me how to add a spell to the spell book?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Which sheet are you using? And more importantly, is the open sheet engaged with the window or is it popped out? A compendium drag will no work on a popped out window.
keithcurtis said: Which sheet are you using? And more importantly, is the open sheet engaged with the window or is it popped out? A compendium drag will no work on a popped out window. D&D 5E by Roll20, Yes in researching and watching videos, I ensured that the window was not on a popped out window. Also, I just test with dummy spells a moment ago. I was able to drag and add a spell to a cleric of mine (full PC I'm running as an NPC). However, my player's Wizard character would not accept it using the same function. Tried several wizard spells of the appropriate levels. Drag and drop doesn't seem to work for the wizard player and we need it there the most.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's not normal behavior, and will likely need a dev touch, then. I'm sure a mod will be along soon, but you can probably speed things along by: A) reporting this in the bugs forum (since this is not normal Compendium behavior) B) Going through the Guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)