Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[API] Add "who" to change events in API

Score + 13

Edited 1568040855
Resubmitted from here. (Zachare S.) Edited by me Suggestion: Add the 'who' parameter to any change: event. (player id, player name, API, sheetworker?) OR a lastTouchedBy property for objects. Currently: Any time a change: event is triggered, you get two parameters, "current" and "previous." These two objects are the parameters of what the token state was previous to the modification, and what the parameter was after the modification. Who or what was responsible for this is not reported. Possible use cases: Conditionally prevent tokens from moving with exceptions. i.e. A token moves only on their turn, by their player, unless they're the GM. Modular control over different properties. i.e. Can change token position but not bar values. Being able to see as a token but not move as a token. Global tokens used as controls. i.e. Drag and drop token to activate ability (great for touch screens) Create an audit trail of who made what changes and roll back changes to earlier states or remove incorrect ones Potential problems: Existing scripts should mostly be unaffected as they won't explicitly recognize the who object. Implementation wise, it should be fairly straightforward to accomplish and now is the time to do it with API updates on the horizon. Bribery: This definitely won't get to the ~200 votes required for guaranteed staff acknowledgement but if we can get to +10 in 30 days to prevent auto-thread locking, I'll make a hacky implementation for demonstrative purposes.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Would be so nice to have.