Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Find a game not finding.

Edited 1568418638
Lately, many times when I search for a game no matter the search parameters I put in I get no hits back. Recently I even set it up for any day of the week and any language, at any time, and got only one hit, for a game in French, with five pick up games showing on the side tab, yet none of those showing up in the actual LFG listing. What is going on  here? I should also mention that it's not every time, and never consistent, but when it shows up it's persistent and annoyingly long in duration.
Hello Pluck, I am sorry to hear that you are encountering an issue with looking for a game. To understand the full issue you are having, please answer the following questions. Are you currently having this issue with finding a specific game title? If so, what is the name of the campaign? Is this for a campaign you have created or a campaign you are looking to be a player in? If you can give us the as many specifics as to what game you are looking for, we will be able to help. Thanks!
Not any specific games. Just when I look for new games. Sometimes I'll get no returns at all. Even when I expand the search parameters to absurd lengths like in the above example. It's weird since it will sometime happen when I've recently searched and found games just minutes before and now none show up. This situation last for anywhere for minutes to hours, and usually I get frustrated and abandon the search for the day and come back another time.
Hello again Pluck,  Unfortunately, without having specific information on exactly which options you have selected and which games should be listed that you are not seeing, we are unable to verify this issue.  I was unable to reproduce the issue you are describing by using the above options. When I select all the options under "On any of these days", "Language" Any, and all options selected for "To be played", I get better than 20 pages of results.  Since you are continuing to have this issue, please provide us with a screen shot for every the option selected and the results so we can try to replicate this issue and provide you with additional assistance.  Thanks!
Obviously you were not paying attention, because I said it was intermittent and irregular .  The problem doesn't show up consistently, nor does it happen with specific settings. You won't be likely to get a replication with a single try, and I'll try screen shooting any further instances of it, but the fact that I have to do this further makes me frustrated with roll 20, which is already not on a good path.
Hello Pluck, We do apologize for any frustration this issue may have caused. The information previously stated was meant to help with diagnosing the issue. As it seems to be intermittent and irregular, we need as many details as you can provide us so that we can give you a proper solution to your issue.  There could be multiple issues going on here. One issue is that there may not be any games currently happening for the specific options you have selected. However, if there is a specific game that is not showing up under the settings that you have selected that is supposed to be showing up with the options you have selected, then it would help to point the devs in the right direction.  Since this seems to be an intermittent issue, please go ahead and  carefully work through the following steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues . If you are able to provide us a screenshot, then that would be greatly appreciated. The requested information below will be needed in order to provide the devs with the necessary information regarding this issue.  Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through all of the requested information in  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log from when this issue occurs!) We thank you in advance for providing us with the requested information.