Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Private Messaging Pop-up window issue

So I've just started roll20, and when i try to PM anyone, the window that pops up does not have a scroll bar on the right. I cant resize the window, or access the add contents sections. Also trying to type a name in the recipient field comes up nothing. any help in this matter would be nice! 
Hello Maxwell L., I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the Private Message window. This is a known issue. Until a fix is implemented, a simple workaround is to reload the page. Please note, that if you navigate away from the page or click on anything else on the page, it will cause this issue again. So when you are ready to send a Private Message, simply reload the page and then click "Send Message". We hope this information helps. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know. Thanks!
I'll try the reloading, seeing as this is an ongoing issue, whats the protocol on giving an email address for contact?  
Hello Maxwell L., Maxwell L. said: ...seeing as this is an ongoing issue, whats the protocol on giving an email address for contact? Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by "protocol on giving an email address for contact"? I am not following your inquiry here. Are you wanting to know how to contact Roll20 via email? If so, you can contact Roll20 at the email address&nbsp; <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> .&nbsp;

Edited 1568662145
no what I mean is can i give an email address in postings. So that GM's and players are able to contact me so I can communicate various questions and inquiries. and would posting said email address violate ToS?&nbsp; At least till the PM issue is reasonably resolved.&nbsp;
Hello Maxwell, It is not recommended to post your email address publically. However, that choice is up to you.&nbsp; Furthermore, as an additional workaround, you can also simply select the 'Insert Horizontal Line' button in the New Private Message window. This should also expand the text area so that it is useable.&nbsp; Please note that the devs are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. Unfortunately, there is no current time frame on when this issue will be resolved. Until then, using the above workarounds will still allow you to use the New Private Message window and provide you with a way to send your email address privately. Let us know if you have any additional questions.&nbsp;
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If the reload method does not work, try clicking on the insert horizontal rule. It forces the body window to open so you can type your message. It is what I do for PMs when I use them and have the issue.
yea the horz rule button seems to do the trick. maybe as a quick patch, the programmers can code a quick insert horz rule somewhere so it looks like it pops up normal.