Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [5E] [Daily] Tyranny of Dragons: Keepers of the Secret Hoard

Edited 1569198058
Keepers of the Secret Hoard &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm an experienced DM looking for 4-6 experienced players for a regular (twice a week or more) game of 5th Edition D&amp;D starting at 1st level, following a modified Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat campaign.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Applications are closed/closing! I'm beginning to reach out to players to form a party! First game will be Saturday, the 28th at 12:00 noon EST &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Keepers of the Secret Hoard, the Wearers of Purple - not to be confused with the Purple Dragons, the famous and heroic human knights of Cormyr with their purple dragon heraldry - rather, The Cult of the Dragon has been a force of evil in the Sword Coast for centuries, once ruled by the powerful wizard Sammaster, former chosen of Mystra, the goddess of Magic. Though it is said that Sammaster was defeated by the mysterious organization known as the Harpers, only to be risen again as a lich and defeated once more, his legacy remains as whispers on the wind, whispers of a new threat. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In the typically peaceful castle-guarded village of Greenest, founded by the halfling entrepreneur Dharva Scatterheart, deep in the Greenfields north of Amn and East of Baldur's Gate, south of the ever-illuminated Elturel with its proud Companions and Hellriders, located on the trade road through Berdusk, with its seemingly endless rolling plains of tall grasses, a slow but steady stream of traumatized refugees have been making their way to town, their hair and clothes singed, with little-to-no possessions between them. &nbsp;&nbsp; Although the strangers have been fed and sheltered, they have yet to recover from the trauma of whatever happened to their homes enough to talk about it, and more keep arriving every day. &nbsp;&nbsp; I know this is somewhat unusual, but I'd like to try running a game almost every day of the week with frequent breaks, whether more than one person needs a day off (I could always run a PC as an NPC for a session if someone needs a day off without feeling like it's a detriment to the campaign), or we just take breaks between chapters for me to catch up on DM material. I don't really want to play 7 days a week, nor 5, but maybe 3-4 days a week when possible, and we can certainly take more breaks. I just want to play more frequently than weekly, with the hopes that we play as much as we want to and actually finish a campaign. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm hoping we can run a group of four players through the entire Tyranny of Dragons campaign (that's Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat, levels 1-15) without having to play for a year just to get to the Castle in the Sky, and maybe even complete a whole high-level campaign with original characters from the ground up! That would be neat. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tyranny of Dragons appeals to me because it throws some of the coolest stuff from D&amp;D in to a variety of open-ended sandbox encounters that could honestly be played any number of different ways. And since the Forgotten Realms has so much material available, and there's so much travel involved (from Greenest and Elturel in the south, through Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep and beyond), there's plenty of opportunity to get side-tracked with character goals, world events, local lore, etc. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have some minor modifications planned. It should have a slightly grittier, more serious tone (more of a Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings aesthetic) with an emphasis on interacting with dragons and the lore of Faerûn. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I should point out that I do not want any silly absurdities or goofball characters. Of course, we as players are free to goof around and have as much fun as we want to out of character and sarcastic banter between characters is the norm, but this isn't the flying circus, so please refrain from applying if you can't get immersed in the story. On that note, gnome and halfling applications will be subject to extra scrutiny for roleplayability ;) &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Standard rules and only core races/classes allowed. If you have something special from the official books you'd like to play as, run it by me and we'll see if it fits in with the tone I have in mind. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'd prefer it if nobody's played or seen a playthrough of the campaign before, but I admit it is a 5 year old product, so if you can promise to refrain from spoiling any secrets, having someone along to nudge the party in the right direction wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll keep applications open for a week or two if necessary, and hopefully we can pick a time that works for everyone. I'm available from around noon til early evening like 8 or 9 PM Eastern time, and I could play anywhere between a couple hours to all day on occasion, depending on what players want. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Also, I would like to stream to YouTube and Twitch, and/or record the sessions to make content with later on. I usually stream my work in Unreal Engine making a multiplayer RPG with 800 followers on YT, so I think the audience might be into it, but no promises anyone actually shows up to watch ;) &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm traditionally a fan of text only, but we can do voice chat or video chat depending on what players prefer. I'm familiar with Roll20 so I'll be making use of tokens, sound effects and maps, but it's been a while so I could use some pointers on any other neat features we can use. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Please apply with the following information: Player Name: (real name or Roll20 name or whatever you prefer) Age: Experience Role Playing: Experience playing D&amp;D: Experience playing on Roll20: Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: Time Zone: Availability: (time preference, general availability) Play Style: (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore or a certain mix?) &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference: Character Name: Character Race: Character Class: Character Background: (Acolyte, Charlatan, etc) Character Alignment: Character Appearance: Character Personality: Character Back Story: (A brief story on how/why you live in, recently arrived to, or are traveling through Greenest. This can be very brief for now but we'll expand it to include some direct connection to the plot. Check out the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide or just keep it ambiguous with no named locations and I'll fit it into the world. However, having any characters who want to make a stop in Elturel, Baldur's Gate or Waterdeep would be good for the plot, as would any character's interest in dragons or the dragon cult in particular, whether their family was formerly members, they have a vendetta against them, they've been secretly studying or posing as an initiate into the cult, etc.) Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: For those of you who'd like to play something special, I'd suggest this character: A Yuan-Ti pure-blood with human enough features to pass off in society (pronounced fangs, yellow eyes, maybe claws for hands that are kept hidden under gloves, or a scaly tail that you keep wrapped around one leg - but no split tongue, slits for eyes, or scaly facial features as that would make blending into society impossible). As a true believer of Sseth, you've been sent on a missionary purpose to seek out and eliminate Yuan-Ti worshipers of other serpentine gods. You're headed to the Mere of Dead Men to investigate a place known as Naerytar, which is rumored to harbor a splinter cell of Yuan-Ti outcasts, but you'd gladly be distracted from that long term goal by pursuing any Yuan-Ti you suspect to have converted away from Sseth. Constant exposure to these false idols has you questioning your own beliefs. Since you have no mission to return home per se, your secondary motive is to gain a position of power within society to further the ends of Sseth, but that means even more exposure to beliefs that threaten your own. Pretty badass, but you get to work with the goals of the campaign and possibly roleplay converting away from Sseth. Here's an excellent video covering Yuan-Ti history, religion, culture, and how they are created, with a timestamp for questing characters: <a href="https://youtu.be/cwCjR1OPDGo?t=421" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/cwCjR1OPDGo?t=421</a> There's rules for it in Volo's Guide to Monsters, pg 120 And here's a nice video discussing some possible class options and clever use of the racial abilities: <a href="https://youtu.be/maEv1mVMQ4Y?t=474" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/maEv1mVMQ4Y?t=474</a>

Edited 1568752352
Opti
Plus
Player Name: Zach Age:26 Experience Roleaying: Mostly during D&amp;D sessions Experience playing D&amp;D: Been playing since 3.5 played 5e for about 2 years&nbsp; Experience playing on Roll20: In one other campaign Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None Time Zone: CDT Availability: Almost every night&nbsp; Play Style: (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore) or a certain mix? I enjoy all aspects pretty evenly. Text/Voice/Video Preference:&nbsp;Text/Voice don’t have a webcam so unable to do video&nbsp; Character Name: Milo Brownbarrel Character Race: Lightfoot Halfling Character Class: Rogue Character Background: Criminal Character Appearance: Young Halfling Short brown hair and eyes Character Personality: CN Character Back Story: Raised on the streets of Waterdeep when his parents mysteriously disappeared, Milo has had to learn to fend for himself in the harsh urban environment. Never above picking the pockets of a passerby or tricking a tourist out of there change Milo has had a knack for crime in the bustling hub. People with such abilities seldom go unnoticed in waterdeep and he attracted the attention of a local crime lord looking for underlings. Understanding that such offers don’t go refused Milo accepted. During a heist the crime syndicate had planned on a local nobility Milo happened upon a note. A note linking his missing parents and the mysterious dragon cult... Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: I have a lot of character ideas.
Nice, thank for being the first brave applicant! I'll keep the party open until a lot of people have applied, so don't be discouraged if you arrive to this thread later on and you see (hopefully) a dozen characters, or if I don't immediately accept anyone right away. I won't make any decisions for at least a week, so keep em comin! :)
Player Name: Sierra Experience playing D&amp;D: New - Played in the past Experience playing on Roll20: New, none Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None Time Zone: EST Availability: Any day beyond 4PM EST Play Style: Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore Text/Voice/Video Preference: Text, voice Character Name: Raene Nihla Character Race: High Elf Character Class: Paladin / Sorceress Character Background: Noble Character Appearance: <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464116727509155840/622951628244254751/93c2d745131270efa94c0b2ae5764778.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464116727509155840/622951628244254751/93c2d745131270efa94c0b2ae5764778.jpg</a> Character Personality:&nbsp; - Just - Holy - Caring - Somewhat arrogant - Distrustful - Disciplined - Creative ( String instruments ) - Studious - Kind - Organized - Stubborn - Charismatic - Cunning - Hot-headed when disagreed with Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood. The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity. Character Back Story:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/Siekaykay/characters/16586117" rel="nofollow">https://www.dndbeyond.com/profile/Siekaykay/characters/16586117</a> &nbsp; ( There's the info and the character. )

Edited 1568672948
Cool! Just to note, we'll be starting at level 1 with fresh new characters for this campaign. We could keep your lvl 3 Paladin/Sorcerer as backup, should your new character find an untimely end say, around level 3.... :D
I added a couple parts to the application... I know it's a lot but the game should be 18+ and I realized Sierra posted Very Experienced Role Player in another thread even tho she has little D&amp;D experience, so I added that question too.
Player Name: (real name or Roll20 name or whatever you prefer) Age: Experience Role Playing: Extensive, I'v been role playing since I was about 12.&nbsp; Experience playing D&amp;D: New, only one other campaign with a oremature departure and a one off at a party.&nbsp; Experience playing on Roll20: Limited, only the one campaign.&nbsp; Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None.&nbsp; Time Zone: EST Availability: (time preference, general availability) I can make any day work, but weekends are my good time as I'm off. M-F it would need to be after 530EST or so.&nbsp; Play Style: (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore) or a certain mix? Role Play and combat are my strengths, but I can do any of them fairly well.&nbsp; Text/Voice/Video Preference: None, haowever the group decides is fine by me.&nbsp; Character Name: Balasar of Yarjerit Character Race: Dragonborn Character Class: Fighter Character Background: (Acolyte, Charlatan, etc) Outlander Character Appearance: 7 foot tall Blue dragonborn, of medium build and weight.&nbsp; Character Personality: Logical, Quick-witted, Tinkerer, Hot headed at times. Character Back Story:&nbsp;Balasar is the last survivor of his Yarjerit clan after a three year long war with a larger clan. His family had already perished by that point around his 12th birthday, so to earn his keep he began hunting in the wilds for the clan leader and his aides. He was out on a hunting trip during the climatic battle of the war, and when he returned it was to a razed village. With nowhere else to go, Leaper as he was still called at that point took the name Balasar and melted back into the wilds. While eking out a living in the harsh enviroment he met a traveling mercenary band made up of humans. Its leader, a woman known as Lizbeth took a liking to Balasar and invited him to join them. For the next five years until his 18th birthday he remained with the band, learning the art of a fighter from Lizbeth.&nbsp; Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: Tiefling/Warlock
Nice! Blue dragon got me thinking, let's add Alignment to the application, too. Feel free to add it whenever you get the chance, if you've already replied.

Edited 1568684462
Certainly. I notice I forgot to add my name and age to the original post so I'll add them here as well.&nbsp; Name: Zaev or Norris, doesn't really matter which. Age: 29 Alignment: Chaotic Good

Edited 1568741211
Player Name:JD Age: 30 Experience Role Playing: A year or 2 Experience playing D&amp;D: 1 year Experience playing on Roll20: 1 year Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None Time Zone: Alaska for now, CST in a week Availability: Any for now Play Style: Mix of everything Text/Voice/Video Preference: Voice Character Name: Lucifer Character Race: Standard Tiefling Character Class: Great Old One Warlock Character Background:Soldier Character Alignment: Neutral Evil (Can adjust if needed ) Character Appearance: Red Skin, Red eyes, 5 feet 3 inches Character Personality: Likes breaking things, and must be the strongest at all times Character Back Story : Lucifer was created by The Great Old One in the Far Realm. He was created for one purpose, "To find a way for the Great Old One to gain control of all the other planes of existence by any means possible. Being created and raised in the Far Realms has made Lucifer come to believe that everything is connected. Not in the way that most believe though. He believes that the planes of existence are connected by some kind of ethereal bridges that can be controlled and manipulated in order to do what his God wants. He will do anything and everything needed to fulfill this burning desire to bring the worlds under his God's control. He decided to go to Greenest to study this plane of existence and to learn how the worlds work in order to test his knowledge of the other planes and to test himself against enemies that he does not know exist.
Player Name: Paul Age: 35 Experience Role Playing: about a decade Experience playing D&amp;D: role playing experience primarily D&amp;D Experience playing on Roll20: a couple of years Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: none Time Zone: PST Availability: I have a super flexible schedule, any time after 8AM PST works for me Play Style: (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore) all of it is good, as long as it is immersive&nbsp; Text/Voice/Video Preference: strongly prefer voice over text - could do video but it isn't a must This is a link to a character I would absolutely love to play but a far cry from standard rules (changeling race, and shadow sorcerer) <a href="https://ddb.ac/characters/14987525/HojZ1x" rel="nofollow">https://ddb.ac/characters/14987525/HojZ1x</a> If that doesn't fit in, I'd be happy to play anything in this campaign.&nbsp; I'd would just love the chance to play a protracted campaign starting up from 1 and going above 10.&nbsp; Character Name: Splynter Character Race: Changeling* (can run as half-elf) Character Class: sorcerer&nbsp; Character Background: faction agent/investigator Character Alignment: neutral good Character Appearance: One of the most frustrating things about Splynter is the fact that it never seems you can get a good look at him.&nbsp; His face always seems to be obscured by a hood or a shadow... all details about his appearance just dance just beyond one's senses Character Personality: rigorously inquisitive, contempt for the petty aristocracy Character Back Story: This was originally an idea for a campaign that I never got the chance to play.&nbsp; He was trained in childhood as a master counter-espionage character that would go on to expose a mole in the Harper's organization.&nbsp; if possible he may explore a multiclass of rogue or warlock, not sure. Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: Like I said, would love to play as anything.&nbsp; That said, Cha based characters are the most fun for me, but I'd be happy to play a cleric or a fighter. Cheers Paul
Very interesting characters, so far! Keep em coming :)

Edited 1568728067
Hey there! I liked what I saw about playing several times a week, as my schedule just cleared up completely and I've got all the time in the world to play D&amp;D :D Player Name: (real name or Roll20 name or whatever you prefer) Per Ole Age: 29 Experience Role Playing: About 3-4 years. I started after watching the first few episodes of Critical Role when it came out on twitch, and I discovered that I could play online on roll20. Experience playing D&amp;D: The same 3-4 years. I've played a lot as a player, but also a bunch as a DM (both IRL and online). I'm looking to get back into being a player for a bit while still running my IRL campaign as a DM, since my schedule just freed up. Experience playing on Roll20: The same as before. Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: Never played it, and don't think I've even heard of it except in passing. The only official module I've ever played is LMOP; the rest has been homebrew worlds. Time Zone: GMT+2 Availability: (time preference, general availability) As of very recently I'm available all day, every day! Play Style: (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore or a certain mix?) I absolutely LOVE roleplaying. Really getting into character, acting as if I was that character and making decisions as him/her, etc etc. That's where most of the fun of the game is for me; that and solving puzzles, combat and doing quests (so basically I enjoy pretty much everything in D&amp;D). &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference: Voice. I know you wanted us to post a character idea, but I usually try to make a new character based on what the group needs role-wise and then make a character that's fun to roleplay based on that need. As such I don't really have any pre-made characters, but I have a lot of ideas for characters that would be fun to play, so let me know if you're looking for a flexible roleplayer who loves trying new classes and races!
That's cool! I often feel the same about waiting until the party is more fleshed out before contributing a character. Can you offer one or two suggestions of what you would most like to play as if the party most needed a front-line fighter type or a healer type? LF Tank/Healz ;) You don't have to fill out a whole back story for each, but also what would you pick just for creative fun if the party was good on those types?

Edited 1568734345
*insert egg on face* I messed up this post, thinking it was for my application to a Stars without number game...
Planet? Cybertech? Are you aware of which game you're applying to? lol :D

Edited 1568735123
iamisandisnt said: Planet? Cybertech? Are you aware of which game you're applying to? lol :D Oh shit I totally messed up a Stars without Number game and this one xD Want me to try again? Alright so in a D&amp;D game (which is the type I've played and enjoyed the most) set in the forgotten realms, I'd probably either play as a fighter a paladin for a tank-type character. For fighter I'd probably be some kind of ship-guard (sailor background) who'd use polearms and such to keep raiders from boarding the ship, but whos captain lost the ship in a wager and therefore made everyone lose their job. My parents and my siblings would be relying on me (and some of my other siblings, we're a big family) to support them, so I'd have to look for work elsewhere. As a Paladin I'd like to try to play the accidental hero, whose divine "overlord" keeps prodding him in the direction he/she wants him to go. Not directly, but whenever he'd think about doing something that would distract him from the divine ones plan, he'd suddenly feel the urge to do something else instead. He'd be confused about his own apparent scatter-brain, and not aware (yet) that he's being led by a divine being, but he's getting better at doing this sort of thing, so he wouldn't mind terribly. In the end he's a naive young man who's just trying to do the right thing, but doesn't always know how. For a healer I could go with a paladin again, but other than that I'd love to play an old man (druid) who transforms into animals in order to feel young again. I'd also like to try a cleric, as that's a class I haven't played a lot. For a cleric I'd have to think some more to make up a character, but again it'd be one that I'd enjoy roleplaying. I think the healers would probably start up as helpers for the refugees in some capacity (the druid could be a refugee). I really hope you'll still consider me even after messing up the post earlier and confusing it with my SWN application :P I've never played in a game that runs several sessions a week, but I'd really love to try it, and I have the time for it now.

Edited 1568737815
Player Name:&nbsp; (real name or Roll20 name or whatever you prefer) Per Ole Age: 29 Experience Role Playing: About 3-4 years. I started after watching the first few episodes of Critical Role when it came out on twitch, and I discovered that I could play online on roll20. Experience playing D&amp;D: The same 3-4 years. I've played a lot as a player, but also a bunch as a DM (both IRL and online). I'm looking to get back into being a player for a bit while still running my IRL campaign as a DM, since my schedule just freed up. Experience playing on Roll20: The same as before. Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: Never played it, and don't think I've even heard of it except in passing. The only official module I've ever played is LMOP; the rest has been homebrew worlds. Time Zone: GMT+2 Availability:&nbsp; (time preference, general availability) As of very recently I'm available all day, every day! Play Style:&nbsp; (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore or a certain mix?) I absolutely LOVE roleplaying. Really getting into character, acting as if I was that character and making decisions as him/her, etc etc. That's where most of the fun of the game is for me; that and solving puzzles, combat and doing quests (so basically I enjoy pretty much everything in D&amp;D). &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference: Voice. Alright so in a D&amp;D game (which is the type I've played and enjoyed the most) set in the forgotten realms, I'd probably either play as a fighter a paladin for a tank-type character. For fighter I'd probably be some kind of ship-guard (sailor background) who'd use polearms and such to keep raiders from boarding the ship, but whos captain lost the ship in a wager and therefore made everyone lose their job. My parents and my siblings would be relying on me (and some of my other siblings, we're a big family) to support them, so I'd have to look for work elsewhere. As a Paladin I'd like to try to play the accidental hero, whose divine "overlord" keeps prodding him in the direction he/she wants him to go. Not directly, but whenever he'd think about doing something that would distract him from the divine ones plan, he'd suddenly feel the urge to do something else instead. He'd be confused about his own apparent scatter-brain, and not aware (yet) that he's being led by a divine being, but he's getting better at doing this sort of thing, so he wouldn't mind terribly. In the end he's a naive young man who's just trying to do the right thing, but doesn't always know how. For a healer I could go with a paladin again, but other than that I'd love to play an old man (druid) who transforms into animals in order to feel young again. I'd also like to try a cleric, as that's a class I haven't played a lot. For a cleric I'd have to think some more to make up a character, but again it'd be one that I'd enjoy roleplaying. I think the healers would probably start up as helpers for the refugees in some capacity (the druid could be a refugee). Now this is an A+ application (including your info from the other post just to keep it together :P) Freakin awesome character ideas. I love them because they're very unique, but still grounded in some sense of fantasy normalcy. Just starting with a simple idea and seeing where it leads can be very cool. I'll keep applications open still, but let this be a good example of the "tone" I'm looking for :) Thanks for applying! All the other characters so far have been fantastic, too. Per Ole's are just particularly well thought out and hit the tone I'm looking for.

Edited 1568755366
Greetings! Now lemme fill that Badboy out and hope you are interested in an chaotic one like me :D Player Name:&nbsp; Matthias, Ragna, Tal Age: 28 Experience Role Playing: 13 Years + Experience playing D&amp;D: DnD 3.5 Since im 14, till today playing 3.5 with my Group who teached me from nothing up. A bit of 5e Experience. Experience playing on Roll20: A Bit. I know how to draw on Maps, create my Character and Token and how to roll. =P Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None. I only played Homebrew Scenarios yet Time Zone: GMT +2 Availability:&nbsp; In the moment im free 24/7 Due to Sickness leave from work Play Style:&nbsp; Im more the Type of Riddles and Mysteries with a good Portion of Fighting. Of course, the mix of everything does the Formula but that are my strongpoints.^^ &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference: Im fine with everything. Im too fat to run, i fight :D To this Section now, in General im switching between campaigns trough Characters, or when a Character dies i try something else/new to me. So im gonna post the Character i would like to have, under it an alternative that im also experienced with.&nbsp; Character Name: Talinoc dél Rastnar Character Race: Elf (High Elf) Character Class: Swordmage / Fighter (Multiclass) Character Background:&nbsp; Sage (Librarian) Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Character Appearance:&nbsp; Character Personality: She is a nosy and quirly one, loves Books and wishes to fulfill her Goal, having the Great Encyclopedia of Arcana in her privat Library at home. She loves Information and Stories; Knowledge and Tales. She is a bit naive when its about Books or Tomes, so she can quickly get pushed off her Trail if it contains one of those 2. If something annoys her, she will tell it straight out without Regards who it is. Knowledge is Power and she likes Knowledge. Due to her Heritage she is a Proud member of her Race, accepting other Races as Equal beeing in General to show the Generosity of her People towards others. Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: Barbarian, Rogue. Human, Orc/Half-Orc, Elf/Half-elf. In general open for everything, this are preferences^^ Hope this is enough for you dear DM and maybe we hear again from each other =) Have a nice day!
Update to Lucifer's backstory is now edited in to the character info post from earlier.
I hope we can get this started soon.
Generally, I'm not a big fan of Tieflings/Aasimar. I should have written that in the main post but I figured if I'm averse to short ones, the things from other dimensions would be a bit further out of the norm ;) Still waiting a week before I fully consider anyone, so keep em coming! :)
Oh, and Changeling might be a bit far out (they are from another campaign setting, after all), but I like the Shadow Magic for Sorcerer. I haven't looked too deeply into that book yet, but I was always a huge fan of kits and expanded class options in old school 2nd edition, so if the internet says something from that "Xanathar's Guide to Everything" is balanced, I may be inclined to accept it.

Edited 1568748111
Oh that is no problem! I took Feral Tiefling because i played it in another campaign, the statboost was also good for Swordmage and liked it, if you are not so fond of it i have no Problem using another Race, thats fine with me =)
I have a longbow fighter I can use if human variant if you dont want the tieflings in the campaign
That might be cool, go ahead and add it to your original post and I'll consider both! Still open for business, here :)
Alright, i edited it, also the Picture^^
would you accept a half-drow as substitute for changeling?&nbsp; if not I can go pure half-elf

Edited 1568795091
Aziraphale
Sheet Author
Player Name:&nbsp;Aziraphale Age: 32 Experience Role Playing: more or less for the past 22 years Experience playing D&amp;D: 7 years Experience playing on Roll20: 5 years Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: First town section Time Zone: GMT+2 Availability: Weekdays 6pm-1am my time or weekends between 10am-1am Play Style: Role playing first, but enjoy all parts of it&nbsp; (Role Playing, Exploring, Combat, Puzzles, Lore or a certain mix?) &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference: Video &gt; Voice &gt; Text I put my heart and soul into my characters, and because of that I don't want to create characters for games I'm not already accepted into. I hope that is okay. I would love to sit down over discord and just talk some and there I can give my current thoughts over characters choices, and I can say that currently at the time of writing, I would like to play a bard, druid or monk.
Half-drow might be cool! I don't mind if you don't make a character until we're getting ready, but it helps me see your abilities if you can throw together a quick sample and just let me know it's not necessarily your first choice :)

Edited 1568814095
For those of you who'd like to play something special, I'd suggest this character: A Yuan-Ti pure-blood with human enough features to pass off in society (pronounced fangs, yellow eyes, maybe claws for hands that are kept hidden under gloves, or a scaly tail that you keep wrapped around one leg - but no split tongue, slits for eyes, or scaly facial features as that would make blending into society impossible). As a true believer of Sseth, you've been sent on a missionary purpose to seek out and eliminate Yuan-Ti worshipers of other serpentine gods. You're headed to the Mere of Dead Men to investigate a place known as Naerytar, which is rumored to harbor a splinter cell of Yuan-Ti outcasts, but you'd gladly be distracted from that long term goal by pursuing any Yuan-Ti you suspect to have converted away from Sseth. Constant exposure to these false idols has you questioning your own beliefs. Since you have no mission to return home per se, your secondary motive is to gain a position of power within society to further the ends of Sseth, but that means even more exposure to beliefs that threaten your own. Pretty badass, but you get to work with the goals of the campaign and possibly roleplay converting away from Sseth. Here's an excellent video covering Yuan-Ti history, religion, culture, and how they are created, with a timestamp for questing characters: <a href="https://youtu.be/cwCjR1OPDGo?t=421" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/cwCjR1OPDGo?t=421</a> There's rules for it in Volo's Guide to Monsters, pg 120 And here's a nice video discussing some possible class options and clever use of the racial abilities: <a href="https://youtu.be/maEv1mVMQ4Y?t=474" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/maEv1mVMQ4Y?t=474</a>
Player Name:&nbsp; Enigma Age:&nbsp; 27 Experience Role Playing:&nbsp; LARPing since 1998 Experience playing D&amp;D:&nbsp; Since 2010 Experience playing on Roll20:&nbsp; Since 2011 Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons:&nbsp; Never played through it. Time Zone:&nbsp; EST Availability:&nbsp; Wednesdays all day, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5pm Play Style:&nbsp; While combat is fun, I prefer roleplaying over everything, adding puzzles, riddles, lore adds a multitude of awesomeness for me.&nbsp; Also while I am okay with theatre of the mind, I need some form of artwork to help immerse myself within the scene.&nbsp; Also I am a Lore nut for the Forgotten Realms, and I know very much about the Sword Coast. &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference:&nbsp; I'm okay with voice and/or Text, but not video. Character Name:&nbsp; &nbsp;Mazarus Delphine Character Race:&nbsp; Tiefling Character Class:&nbsp; Paladin Character Background:&nbsp; Noble with the Knight alternative Character Alignment:&nbsp; Lawful Good Character Appearance:&nbsp; Unlike many Tieflings, born with an infernally reddened skin, Mazarus has been born with skin of sky blue tone and hair of midnight violet.&nbsp; Another distinctive feature is the Tieflings physique, revealing a taller and more muscle tones shape.&nbsp; His horns wrap from the top of his forehead around the back of his head, and his eyes are of a pure white light with blue hues complementing his pupils.&nbsp; His tail is wrapped around his waist as a belt to fit better in armor. Character Personality:&nbsp; A true benefactor, Mazarus seeks for the preservation of innocent life through the Sword Coast.&nbsp; Not without seeking for his own gain when necessary, of course.&nbsp; Easy to trust and faithful to his allies, Mazarus remains the stalwart shield that guards the backs of his friends.&nbsp; However, that doesn't mean his unawareness of the Skullduggery under his nose.&nbsp; He simply understands the actions of others do not reflect upon his own will and will not allow them to suffer the delay of their actions, but will look to their realization of their consequences to see if his assistance will be given or not.&nbsp;&nbsp; Character Back Story:&nbsp; Born in a human Waterdavian family, I was afflicted with a disease that would have killed me.&nbsp; Naturally, my mourning parents have tried to strike a bargain with a certain patron, yet no one answered.&nbsp; None but what seemed a mysterious savior that has offered his own blood as a pact bond to the young human.&nbsp; This mysterious encounter had been nothing but a seeming blessing, aside from the metamorphosis of his human form, a deed that still seemed to have no price to this day.&nbsp; Growing up, he lived by the sword and Libram under the justicars of Helm and when he came of age, joined the Order of the Gauntlet.&nbsp; He would normally escort caravans throughout the Sword Coast, befriend the usefulness of rogues that hide in the night when he would find rest within it, and would find this young do-gooders attention to the further regions of his home to Greenest, the home of his longest business partner and ally, a Halfling merchant named Sharder.&nbsp; His skills have a preference of warhammer and shield, but also carries a maul when the righteous rage of the Order demands its retribution. Other Races/Classes you might be interested in:&nbsp; Bolk Bloodfury: Human Barbarian.&nbsp; Obelyn Tendael: Wood Elf Fighter, Jiza Durress:&nbsp; Dragonborn Sorcerer, Syl'Tilas Enelwyn: Half-Elf Sorcerer, Khorvaine Forgember:&nbsp; Dwarf Fighter, Krom'Gar:&nbsp; Half-Orc Barbarian, Krizzik:&nbsp; Half-Orc Warlock, Zarotta: Gnome Wizard, Daspira: Drow Bard.
That's cool, I like the variation there. Would be interested to see any of your other characters, Enigma! Obelyn Tendael and Daspira sound pretty interesting to me just from name/race/class combos.
Alright then, I look forward to hearing from you.
So my warlock I have built, would you be ok with me just making it a different race instead of Tiefling?

Edited 1568893153
Anyone is free to modify or submit their application over the weekend, and I won't make any final decisions until Monday, the 23rd!

Edited 1568900181
Still open for submissions! Don't let the 36 replies fool you ;) Oh and we could totally be g2g with the applications so far! I don't wanna sound negative, I just felt like one weekend to field interest isn't enough opportunity, so I wanted to try keeping it open for a whole week. Not seeing a lot of replies any more so maybe that's everybody :D We'll see how it goes but don't be remiss if I haven't told anyone they're in yet. I've made that mistake once and regretted turning down a player or saying yes to someone before the curtain was called, so to say. Good luck to all! :)

Edited 1568904437
Player Name: Thargar or DJ (Short version real life name as most people can not say my name correct) Age: 43 Experience Role Playing:about 25+&nbsp; years Experience playing D&amp;D: roughly 30 years Experience playing on Roll20:about +/- 3 years now both as DM and Player Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: Little mostly up to the first part of story (episode 3&nbsp; ) after that most parties fell apart due to real life. Time Zone: (EU) GMT +1 But flexible in any time zone Availability: When ever the party wants to play unless major real life matters (needing to go to doctor and such) get in way. Play Style: All styles welcomed &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference:Text/Voice, no cam, so no video Character Name: Leoran Character Race: Wood Elf Character Class: Ranger Character Background: Outlander Character Alignment: Neutral Character Appearance: pale skinned with long brown hair, slim body, brown eyes, clothing mostly Leather with a hooded cloak and a face mask covering his mouth and nose if the hood is up Character Personality: Silent and observing, always calm hardly get's distressed sometimes stubborn in his ways also has hard time trusting others. Character Back Story: Leoran left his tribe many years ago to travel and explore the world, in his travels he has worked as a guide, scout, hunter and sometimes even as a bounty hunter. His last job he was a scout for a small merchant caravan that went from Candlekeep to Iriabor and now he's on his way back to Candlekeep to collect the rest of his pay. Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: Almost any race and any class, i do prefer warrior classes more the spell casters. Still willing to adjust to the parties need.

Edited 1568908789
Very cool! I'm glad to have a mix of ages, and I forgot to mention that I'm 35 myself so I'd like to be somewhere in the middle of the age range of the group if possible :D I like the traditional character archetype with your own particular tie to the world of Faerun that fits nicely with the start of the campaign!
Alrighty, I've got 10 submissions so far. Would be happy to see more before I start inviting folks on Monday, so a wee lil bump the thread gets!
Player Name: Ethan/Apoxa either works. Age: 21 Experience Role Playing: None Experience playing D&amp;D: None Experience playing on Roll20: None Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time&nbsp; Availability: 12pm-4pm almost everyday with some days completely free. I have a flexible work schedule and can make almost anything work.&nbsp; Play Style: Emphasis on role-playing and dialogue. I am someone who prefers to be creative and find solutions over fighting.&nbsp; &nbsp;Text/Voice/Video Preference: Voice or Video is preferred.&nbsp; Character Name: Navren Bursk Character Race: Human Character Class: Rogue Character Background: Charlatan&nbsp; Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral&nbsp; Character Appearance: Piercing blue eyes, black shaggy hair, light pale skin, young adult, 5'9" 140 lbs, average height and a little skinny.&nbsp; Character Personality: Blunt and sarcastic and tends to get straight to the point. Not unfriendly but slow to trust and not loyal.&nbsp; Character Back Story:&nbsp;One skill that living on the streets one's whole life will teach, is survival. Navren Bursk not only learned this lesson quickly but crafted his entire persona around it. Nothing is too low or cowardly as long as he lives to see the next day. Stealing, conning, and even murder are merely tools to be used. Navren is no fool and knows that the world is not kind nor generous. All of this was taught to him at a very young age by his friend, mentor, and closet person to family he's ever had, Harrod. The young thief Harrod, only 6 or 7 at the time, found baby Navren in a dumpster in the back of an alleyway located in the Waterdeep slums and decided to take him in. Harrod taught him how to live and survive as a rogue in a world where you can only trust one person, yourself. One night, 16 years later, Harrod dissapeared and never came back. Navren is convinced he is still alive and has spent everyday since than searching. After years of crawling through every nook and cranny of the city and finding nothing, Navren is convinced the only way he can get any closer to the truth is by becoming an adventurer.&nbsp; Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: Fighter

Edited 1569082531
Nice, thanks for applying! It would be great to have a proper WIZARD in the party, if there's any lovers of material components, ritual casting and finding spellbooks out there?
Player Name: Suraj (Gujrati for Sun if interested) Age: 26 Experience Role Playing: Basic (I feel I am quite flexible in that I would enjoy really getting into a character and their traits, and also going more discussion - I enjoy most styles of playing and ready to mould my playstyle to whar suits the group) Experience playing D&amp;D: Basic Experience playing on Roll20: None (But a quick 0 session should be enough to get me going and I can pick up things quickly, happy to put in the work) Experience playing Tyranny of Dragons: None Time Zone: UK/GMT+1 Availability: LOVE the idea of playing multiple times a week...once a week is not enough to get things done! Ideal availability: Tuesday/Thursday 5-7pm start + weekends as additional bonus sessions Full availability: - Tuesday/Thursday - 10am - 7/8pm - Friday 10am - 6pm - Saturday/Sunday - 10am - 7/8pm - Monday/Wednesday - 7pm start (but work 8am-6pm) Play Style: I love combat be it small fights or big. The excitment of entering combat running low on HP/skills and trying everything and anything to make it through is like a drug. I also like the combination of exploring and in doing so finding new characters/quests...I want to do them all! Text/Voice/Video Preference: Most definetly full voice, text is hard for me. Character Name: Thakor Character Race: Human.V Character Class: Ranger (MC) Character Background: Urban bounty hunter Character Alignment: Choatic good (not arrogent, but the battle with his conscience of what is good/bad/right/wrong/just...is choatic) Character Appearance: Plain and easily looked over. Short black hair, brown skin, green eyes that you only notice if you inspect close up, just over 6ft, slighly large nose and ears, pays little attention to facial hair letting it grow at times then clean shaving on a whim, wiry build, surprisingly no scars. Character Personality: Contemplative No issue talking with people and acting friendly but it is more a subtle mask put in place till comfortable. The mask is still a close reflection of his true self but more reserved/an act in a way that doesn't come across reserved. Getting comfortable with someone is hit and miss, usually know within first few meetings. Character Back Story: Growing up his family were just normal working people. Life was straight forward and it seemed he would live a decent life close to his family. &nbsp;However, little things caught his attention. Nothing happened to him but he saw much simply by chance/bad luck. A wife living a good life but with a husband that didn't want to do anything leaving her with a kid and nothing to do, bullying, corrupt businessman/priests. Corrupt priest was a big gripe for him. They seemed to abuse everything - people, money, other preists, emotions &amp; fears, which is a big reason he dislikes cults/religion/priests.&nbsp; Finally, he saw death. Again, a simple death due to old age. However, with all he saw he couldn't help thinking there should be a way to be at peace and content with all the choas around, so he left in search of this - and did not find it. Travel far and wide, to temples and monasteries nothing stuck the bell of "enlightment". Eventually, he took on a bounty for coin. He got a big payout, but it was the distraction away from his failing to find this way of thinking/peace that kept him taking contracts. Became a ranger by natural progression. Bounty hunting took him all over the lands, tracking stealthly, surviving the wild and remaining alert. But that search still sits in the back of his mind and so he travels ever further, bringing him to this adventure....and is not to happy to hear rumors of a cult here. Other Races/Classes you might be interested in: Sorcerer or fighter (probably multiclass as with my ranger) Other information that might show I am suitable * Love LOTR - The hobbits did not magically turn into swordmasters overnigjt or achieve dozens of great feats...they remained hobbits and did what they could when thay had to. Maybe not relevant but if it is LOTR themed campaign I will love it. * Very much like the idea of playing multiple times a week and mobing through a full campaign. * Random thought: Could have a set 2 days and at the end of each session see when people are free for additional sessions - that way can maximise number of sessions while trying to keep everyone in each session. Regards Suraj
^ excuse my colloquial lingo, but very choice! Also, when I'm making my decision on the party, I'll look at who's available when and we'll pencil a rough weekly schedule that we can try to keep to, with flexibility. Keeping it to four players should help, and it'll probably be more or less just how Suraj said

Edited 1569083387
iamisandisnt said: ^ excuse my colloquial lingo, but very choice! Also, when I'm making my decision on the party, I'll look at who's available when and we'll pencil a rough weekly schedule that we can try to keep to, with flexibility. Keeping it to four players should help, and it'll probably be more or less just how Suraj said My bad. I wrote on a memo and copy pasted it...when I saw how long it was all I could do is sigh :P Sorry for the novel Tried to tailor to theme you mentioned making him a more sober/serious character
I meant it as a complement :) I like your character a lot!
Did you figure out which characters you wanted to join the campaign?
Indeed, we have 4 players now. Thanks!