Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Versus: a character competition script with betting

In the olden days of paper gaming, I used to have a player who always wanted to find an inn and pick a fight in the bar, or challenged NPCs to some sort of duel to solve any issue. And I mean any issue. I started thinking about him recently and was inspired to write this script. Versus&nbsp;presents skill contests in a fun, "death match" style dialog. It allows you to pit two characters (PC and NPC) against each other based on any skill or attribute you wish, and allows a betting pool where characters can bet on the contestants and win money. Versus is compatible with the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition OGL Sheet or the 5e Shaped Sheet. <a href="https://github.com/blawson69/Versus" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/blawson69/Versus</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This sounds fun!
NM deleting my questions as I figured both things out experimenting again great script I love it!
ok so I am experiencing an issue, after all, it worked once and then it doesn't seem to want to work anymore I'm not getting an errors though either in game or the API Output Console so not sure what's going on. :-/
West1778 said: ok so I am experiencing an issue, after all, it worked once and then it doesn't seem to want to work anymore I'm not getting an errors though either in game or the API Output Console so not sure what's going on. :-/ Can you explain your issue in detail? Also, feel free to PM me.
I just pushed a fix that will alleviate the intermittent error of not getting the button to start the contest. I also fixed the occasional problem of a character not having an avatar set. It will now default to the token image if there is no avatar to avoid the ugly "missing image" nonsense.
Update: Versus can now run points-based games! You set the number of points your contestants have to reach, and optionally you can set a margin so they have to win by that many points over their opponent. I have also added a "break ties" option for the opposing games. No more disappointment when placing bets on the game!
Is this only able to use with 5e or can other systems use it?
Danny C. said: Is this only able to use with 5e or can other systems use it? Not currently, no. This script is set up to use the D&amp;D 5th Edition OGL Sheet or the 5e Shaped Sheet. What system are you using?
warhammer 4e
Danny C. said: warhammer 4e I should have been clearer: What character sheet is your game using specifically?

Edited 1571042479
Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition by Arioch and Havoc and company
UPDATE I just pushed a bug fix that prevented using attributes in 5e Sheet games when the modifier is 0. I also changed the wording in the setup screen to better match the readme instructions.