Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][EST][PAID] Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Wednesdays 7:00pm EST

Edited 1581957733
Already have five players, looking to pick up 1 more! We'll be running the full, new adventure, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. The adventure is expected to span levels 4-13 (but we may possibly go higher than that!) and should bring us from the city of Baldur's Gate into the very Nine Hells where we'll face devils and demons. We already had our session 0, but there's still time to join! First session is 10/23 @ 7pm EST <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/178095/baldurs-gate-descent-into-avernus" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/178095/baldurs-gate-descent-into-avernus</a> __________________________________________________________ My name is Dan, I am 26 years old, and I've been playing/dungeon mastering Dungeons &amp; Dragons for about 7-8 years now. That time has brought a lot of experience that has helped me to develop my style of play. I will aim to adjust things based off of the players, but generally I love roleplaying and acting out interesting characters. With combat, I aim to provide more meaningful, unique fights and scenarios (as opposed to: "Here's 3 goblins. You fight. Repeat.") __________________________________________________________ WHAT I OFFER YOU Reliability: I will be ready to go and begin playing at the time we set for our games (barring emergencies). Availability: I will be easily accessible for all of your questions and/or chatting. We will have a group chat in discord (which we'll also use to voice/video chat during games!), which I can also be easily reached through during the rest of the week. Play How You Want: Ever wanted to have a really in-depth roleplaying experience where you get to immerse in your character, the story, and the world? Or maybe you're uncomfortable doing a voice and acting in character too much; you're here to kill monsters, get magic items and joke around with friends. Maybe you really want to play a dungeon crawl. Or maybe you have no idea how to even start! That's fine! Dungeons &amp; Dragons should be about having fun. If you're not having fun, why play? I'll work with you to run the kind of game that's going to appeal to you. Effort and Experience: I love Dungeons &amp; Dragons and find myself frequently thinking up ideas in my free time to make my players' games more interesting. Encounters, magic items, monsters, character quests, and so on. Even when I'm running a prewritten module, I'm not content to keep it that simple. I put in the extra time to add things to the adventure to provide a different experience, even if you've already played the adventure before! ___________________________________________________________ PRICES This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $15/session per person. Payments will be made via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. ___________________________________________________________ HOMEBREW/THIRD PARTY CONTENT "What's homebrew?" Well this is content that isn't part of an official D&amp;D release. I do not have an issue with homebrew (in fact, I will have 100% peppered homebrew magic items, characters, events, and more throughout your game!), but when it comes to homebrew classes and races (with the exception of Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter class and some Unearthed Arcana material), it's more work for me to accommodate them in a normal game. Not only that, but balance concerns can cause issues I also have to figure out. Now that said, if you were having me run a homebrew campaign for you (meaning I'm constructing a campaign for you, as opposed to working off of a pre-written module) then I do not mind working with you to include some homebrew character options. As a matter of fact, I have quite a few that I allow in my home games! ___________________________________________________________ WHAT I ASK OF YOU Respect: Everyone is here to have fun! But if your fun is at the expense of someone else, that isn't okay. Any bullying or harassment will get you removed from the game. Feedback: Do not be afraid to let me know your opinion of the game! What are you enjoying? What are you not? I encourage you to be honest with me! I want to create the best experience I can. Commitment: By deciding to do this, understand what you are agreeing to. Unless you have another preference, any campaign is likely getting played weekly, at a time that everyone has agreed to set aside for this. Showing up late is taking away from the time your party members also set aside. Also, understand a campaign likely will last for a few months. It's a bit dependent on the campaign, but it's also something we'll try to estimate beforehand! Headphones: Cutting out background noise (especially your speakers!) helps everyone hear each other better and is overall less distracting. ___________________________________________________________ WHAT DO YOU NEED? Nothing! Well almost: You just need to download Discord and create a free Roll20 account! It's much more reliable for voice chat (or video chat! Whatever you're comfortable with) and will prevent Roll20 from having to use more resources (as it is a browser app). ___________________________________________________________ WHY PAY TO PLAY? The reality is, I can only run so many games before I need to rationalize my time spent preparing and managing games. By doing it this way, I can also afford to provide you with resources and adventures that streamline things, help you use Roll20 with ease, and just overall provide the more polished experience I strive for. As a player, you also see some benefits of going this route. If everyone in your game is willing to pay, you know they've got the desire to actually be invested in your game. Having been in the hobby a while, it's not uncommon for people to cancel or show up late on short notice. It can be frustrating. It's also not uncommon for games to fizzle out. It can be draining on a DM if they're putting in the effort. Payment is $15 USD per session, paid via Paypal before each session. Before we start full sessions, I will host a "Session Zero" for everyone. This first session is free. You will all learn about the setup and background for the campaign, figure out who your characters are, how your party came to be, and get a general feel for my style of DMing. I am happy to refund your payment if you're unable to make a game, as long as you've given me at least 8 hours of notice prior to game time.
One opening still available! First session is 10/23 @ 7pm EST :)
Second session this Wednesday! Got 5 players and looking to add one more :) Players are level 4