Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Newbie questions

So I'm going to preface this to say that I'm still working on writing my campaign, so I haven't actually used much of Roll20's features yet, but I have a few questions: 1. Can you record sessions through Roll20, or do you have to use a 3rd party method? 2. Can you create music playlists outside of Roll20 and import them into your campaign? 3. Can you create maps outside of Roll20 and import them into your campaign? Sorry if these are stupid questions, and thanks in advance for any responses!
1569627254

Edited 1569627427
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
1. This is possible, but not natively. It would require the sort of software you would need to capture video and audio sources, such as OBS or Xstream. The page I linked is likely years out of date. I am on a mac but use OBS. A lot of this software is open source. 2. You can import your own music (subject to size and storage limitations based on your account), but you would need to assemble the playlist within the game. 3. Absolutely. You can use any common graphic format . Again, the number of maps would be subject to size and storage limitations based on your account
Hello Amanda C., I have moved your post to the Specific Use Questions & Macros forum.  If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.  Thanks!
New myself. Is there a chat area devoted to Hero System (Fantasy Hero) ? Thanks
1569785186
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jeff. The boards are dedicated to discussing Roll20 specifically, with system questions or general rpg chatter being directed to other social media. However, if you have a specific Roll20 question about Hero System (FH), we'd be happy to answer. That would be best done in its own thread though so that other folks interested in the subject can find it more easily. There is a character sheet available for the system, but only for 6th edition. I stopped at 5th, so I can't vouch for the quality of the sheet. I don't know how well Hero rolling is supported since the counting of 1s and 6s is not supported by the native die roller.
Thanks for response. Am using 6th Edition character sheets already and will keep using D20 trying to learn. I'm a pen and paper guy in a digital world.