Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

How to use bar defaults

I have spent the past two and a half hours trying to figure out how to make an npc's hp appear when i drop it in from the compedium, as described in the game settings page: " On Default Tokens created by doing a Compendium drop onto the virtual table top, set the Bar 1's value to this attribute. " I've tried setting it to be numbers, hp, hp_max and other things. Any help is greatly appreachiated!
1569681036
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't know what game you are playing, but assuming this is 5E, a quick check in a test game shows "hp" as the correct setting.  The snag is that the npc character sheet only has the max hp set, with the current hp being blank (at least it was this way with the aboleth I dragged out).  The way the bar works is that it won't show unless you have a value in both current and max values of the stat the bubble/bar is linked to.  I don't know if this is a bug or not, since I haven't messed with this system to know how it worked in the past.  Once you have the bar linked, enter a value in the bubble for the "current" value and the bar will appear.
1569685428
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I put "hp_max" in both bar 1 fields.