Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Starfinder Character Sheets - Weapon Attack Rolls Too Many Dice

Hi,  Recently my friends and I have begun a Starfinder Campaign in Roll20. We were wondering why weapon attacks in the official Roll20 Starfinder Sheet roll 5 sets of the dice necessary for the attack rolls. I saw that the roll templates use 5 rolls, but I was wondering if there was a particular reason for that? I thought possibly for full round attacks, but from what I can tell, the maximum is 3 per round.  I also thought it might be for weapons with full auto or blast, but in that case, why would it be limited to 5 per round? Any answer is appreciated, but this is definitely not a pressing concern! Thanks in advance!

Edited 1569856402
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi William, When I originally created that template, I went through and looked at all the various attack options. I set it to 5 because that was higher than I expected to be used which meant it was unlikely anyone would hit the limit.
That makes a ton of sense! Thank you Scott for letting me know!