Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Pre-order D&D 2024 now and get an exclusive bonus, only on Roll20!
Create a free account

Advanced fog of war black and white vs. color map settings

In one of my games the areas which are revealed by advanced fog of war appear in black and white when tokens move away.  In another game, the revealed areas remain visible in color.  I'd like to make it so that past revealed areas are in black and white on the map, and can't figure out what the difference settings is.  Can anyone help please?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The one that remains in color...is Global illumination turned on for that page?
No, global illumination is turned off for both.  
I can't seem to recreate a black and white advanced fog of war map, even after creating a new game and going through each of the settings.  
I wonder if anyone could confirm that their fog of war revealed maps are in B&W.
In fact, the game that had B&W changed to color revealed areas without me making any settings changes that I'm aware of, which made me wonder if it was due to a global update to Roll20 as far as how fog of war works.  Glad I took a screenshot, because I can't get black and white working in that game now either.  
I figured it out.   I was seeing black and white with my "dummy" player token in the game.  Even with control-L, the DM does not see black and white revealed areas with advanced fog of war, but players do.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
James G. said: I figured it out.   I was seeing black and white with my "dummy" player token in the game.  Even with control-L, the DM does not see black and white revealed areas with advanced fog of war, but players do.   That's a good observation. I don't think that info has been stated elsewhere.