Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Make all Purchased Modules Add-Ons

Edited 1570286178
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are many purchased modules where you have to create a game around it.  You have to select the module and create game.  However, many of these modules can be combined together, and these modules, such as Storm King's Thunder, even suggest combining them.  However, you can't add just any module after the game is created. Some you can, but the large ones you can't.  You have to create a new game and then transmogrify.  This becomes incredibly painful to combine the large modules as these modules have hundreds of objects, contained within many many folders and sub folders.  You have to select each object and drag/drop from within transmogrify and then recreate folders in target game and then drag drop each object into it's folder.  Like I said, incredibly painful.   Though I understand that there may be changes to transmogrify to allow copying folders and their contents, which would make combining significantly easier, the better approach is to treat ALL modules like add ons.  So once game is created, go to add ons and magic, it's there.  Want to add STK, go to Add Ons and add it.   Roll20, you really want something like this.  You want people to purchase more modules and integrate them quickly into their current campaigns.  You don't want a painful process that you currently have.  
My +1 on this.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .