Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can a single campaign be organized into modules?

I am new to Roll20 but have already started using it to run games. As I get used to the environment and become more sophisticated in my setup I am perceiving a problem with my campaign. I will run a large number of modules for my online players with unique maps, NPCs, tokens, etc... But having all those maps in a single campaign view will start to become cumbersome. Someone suggested to me that each module could be its own campaign that I invite my players to join. But that seems cumbersome in a different way. Is there a way to build out my module and then group all the elements (maps, etc...) that make it up into something that gets stored in the larger campaign in some way that I can then call up the right module for us to play? I've done some searching, but I end up in articles that address everything but this. Some guidance would really help.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Probably the closest to that would require a pro subscription.&nbsp; Then you could load the modules in different games and use the transmogrifier tool to move in maps/handouts, etc as needed from there to your main game.&nbsp; If you have a game for each of the modules, you can then delete anything in your main game after you have used it to keep the clutter down. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The closest thing you can get to this without a Pro subscription is to use the Character Vault. You can create a campaign for each adventure or "module", and export characters into the vault from the last one the players played, and import them from the vault into the current campaign.
GiGs said: The closest thing you can get to this without a Pro subscription is to use the Character Vault. You can create a campaign for each adventure or "module", and export characters into the vault from the last one the players played, and import them from the vault into the current campaign. Just to clarify since Steel Wyrm is using free account. Anyone can move character they control into the vault, but to move character into a game from vault requires that game to be created from module that grants vault import or created by Plus or Pro subscription and for others than creator to import characters the creator has set option in game settings.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
jbokcrusader said: GiGs said: The closest thing you can get to this without a Pro subscription is to use the Character Vault. You can create a campaign for each adventure or "module", and export characters into the vault from the last one the players played, and import them from the vault into the current campaign. Just to clarify since Steel Wyrm is using free account. Anyone can move character they control into the vault, but to move character into a game from vault requires that game to be created from module that grants vault import or created by Plus or Pro subscription and for others than creator to import characters the creator has set option in game settings. The limited access vault restrictions only apply if you are taking them between games run by lots of different people. But if you are the creator of the all the campaigns, and also the person exporting the characters and reimporting them, that should be fine. Isn't it?&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think you can import to your own game as a free user, but I could be wrong. It's been a long time since I wasn't a subscriber.
Also a beginner, but it pretty quickly absorbs. I like to be so passionate about something.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: I don't think you can import to your own game as a free user, but I could be wrong. It's been a long time since I wasn't a subscriber. Yikes, That's a major failing IMO.
Thanks for all the great help. It looks like I will have the tools I need. I was planning on upping my subscription so the vault import wont be a problem - but I do think that there could be some improvement in how long run campaigns are managed.&nbsp;&nbsp;