Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DND 5e Character Sheet Ability Issue

Class / Subclass: Druid/Circle of the Moon Level 20 I have been trying to update an item but it has resulted in a crazy Wisdom score that results in an unbelievable modifier. Item being updated: Quarterstaff +3 Updates to item: Magic Bonus to 4; 2nd damage: 2d10 psychic; saving throw: DC 12 Wisdom. My base Wisdom score is 20, so the modifier is 5. However, when I try to add these updates to the quarterstaff, my base Wisdom becomes 2210 and my modifier becomes 1100. I looked into the cog, but there were no changes in the cog. Even removing the item doesn't reset the Wisdom score. My DM tried giving me a new sheet to use, but the issue cropped up there, too.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A screenshot of the expanded Attack and Equipment entry of the Quarterstaff might be helpful.

Edited 1570770395
I don't know that it'll be of any help since you can't see everything, but here you go... When I copy/paste the info in the Mods I get this: Item Type: Melee Weapon, Damage: 1d6, Damage Type: Bludgeoning, Secondary Damage: 1d8, Melee Attacks +4, Melee Damage +4 (I changed the magic to 4) I tried editing it so it says the following: Item Type: Melee Weapon, Damage: 1d6, Damage Type: Bludgeoning, Secondary Damage: 1d8, Damage2: 2d10, Damage2 Type: Psychic, Saving Throw: Wisdom, Saving Throw DC: 12, Melee Attacks +4, Melee Damage +4 Update: So, the Wisdom is back to 20, which is great. But now the weapon won't roll damage. I tried twice.

Edited 1570778690
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I wonder if this is some weird sheetworker edge-case where it gets confused by having max lvl, max attribute stat, and high magic bonus to the roll. Like is this a bug that's specific to wisdom, or could this happen if you replicate this with Charisma? And considering your the item shouldn't modify your base stat, it's a bit odd all around. Oh and is your character created with the charmancer, or manually? It might have an impact on this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've tried those settings and I cannot replicate your issue. Does this happen to a test character if you give it that weapon?
I edit the sheet directly. And, as I said, it happened on the extra sheet my DM gave me.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The weapon looks correctly filled out. There should be a link highlight for the weapon name in the chat output which I am not seeing. Without actually getting hands on the thing, I am out of guesses.

Edited 1571210634
Yeah, I click that link but nothing comes up.