Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How would you convert this 1E/2E AD&D 'To Hit' Roll dice macro to the Roll20 OGL D&D 5E sheet Macro?!?!

I want to be able to click on a token in "Lost Mines of Phandelver" and bring up dice roll macros so players and I don't have to keep bringing up the character sheets so I want to convert my dice macros from my 1E / 2E AD&D game to work with the Roll20 OGL 5E D&D sheet!!! Let's start with my attack "To Hit" Macro: &{template:2Edefault}{{name= @{selected|token_name} the @{selected|class}, Attacks with the CLUB (3ft) at @{target|token_name} enemy!}}{{desc= Club Strike Hits an AC of [[ @{selected|ThAC0} - (1d20 @{selected|strengthhit} ) ]] For [[1d6  @{selected|strengthdmg}]] S/M or [[1d3  @{selected|strengthdmg}]] L HP Damage!}} Now how would you convert it to work for the 5E sheet?!?!

Edited 1570803003
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Honestly? I'd just use the built in sheet macros. Since you are a pro user, if you want to set up chat menus for characters, I'd use Universal Chat Menus or MenuMaker . Both threads have links to code, and sample menus that are tweaked for 5e. You can adjust these so that they could produce just lists of attacks or spells, or what have you. Also, this nice (if older) script, Token Actions , can set up token action buttons for attacks. You might want to tweak it a bit if you don't want it to make token actions for everything, but it's pretty handy.
I want to set it up just like I have my 1E/2E AD&D game. There are all kinds of dice roll macro buttons and whispered sub-menus for weapons initiatives & To Hit Rolls, Saving Throws, Class Abilities, Attribute rolls, Spells, etc. Using them is much faster than doing things from the character sheets and they look nicer and give more information than what I am seeing from what amounts to a half finished game module in "Lost Mines of Phandelver". (One still needs to buy more maps & look for token images, as well as set up encounters not there, etc.) You can come into my game so you have a better understanding of what I am going for.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like you have written a lot of custom stuff for your 2e game. If you want that same functionality, you will have to write a lot of custom stuff for your 5e game. The macro is simple enough to convert, since the tags are largely the same: &{template:npcaction}{{rname= @{selected|token_name} the @{selected|class}, Attacks with the CLUB (3ft) at @{target|token_name} enemy!}}{{description= Club Strike Hits an AC of [[[[1d20]]+@{selected|strength_mod}+@{selected|pb}]] for [[[[1d6]]+@{selected|strength_mod}]] points of Damage!}} I would suggest putting everything in the description field and leaving rname blank, but this is as close a transcription as I can achieve. But seriously, this is a huge amount of work to create macros for every attack for every character. Also, you would need to account for (dis)advantage, which is a different rolling mechanic. I can understand wanting specialized output, but that requires a lot more work to achieve.

Edited 1570813523
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As for Phandelver, what is in the print book that is not in the module? Keep in mind that Roll20 is bound by licensing agreement that they cannot add any material not explicitly in the book. If the book has no map or character art for something, they cannot add it.
Ok, so it's not Roll20's fault for being lazy on the module content! See the private message I sent you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In general, if it is in print, it is in the Roll20 product. If it is not, it's not. The module conversions are as faithful as possible. I believe they negotiated a one-time deal to fill out some tokens in the Monster Manual, but that's the limit to my knowledge.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
A partial workaround could be to drag the most used attacks/buttons to the quick macro bar, and rename them to something short. Then you'd have access to most of them without needing to open the sheet.