Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Request: a GM link for player perspective to help with streaming

what i would like is this: because streaming and gming is becoming more popular these days, and i know you can enter the game as a player character to check on players to see what they see etc. could you extend the functionality of this to have a link that generates in the game options inside the vtt options where sound is etc. that gives the player perspective and shows the culminative light source of the players. and that doesn't show anything to do with the gms machinations at all. this would be advantageous for streaming and it bypasses the need to set up a dummy account and fiddle around trying to get the right perspective.  it should be a standard feature in today's twitch era. also this would increase your business roll 20. because it would allow easier access for streaming which grows the brand and you could boast about ease of use.   another idea is to have an option to cycle between players linked to the turn tracker not too sure on that but the way id want it setup is how i described it above.  if anyone else has more ideas for this please list them here. 
Yes! I mimic this effect now by having a second (non-Pro account) who is added to the campaign. I give that account access to all the Player's tokens (but no token itself). Then I have to log in in a separate browser with that account and use the screen from THAT account as the OBS capture. Since the "Viewer account" has access to all the Player's tokens - it can see anything that those tokens can see and no GM information displayed for the stream. I just have to keep moving the camera around in the second browser to maintain map view ... but it's functional for now.

Edited 1574705394
It's been a while since I've used it, but does selecting the token and Ctrl L not work any more?  Edit: Just checked, still works.need to click gif for it to play I think Edit Edit. I should read the first post... Cumalative. Doh
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .