Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about downgrading account from Plus or Pro to Fee, What happens to assets over storage limit?

What happens to my uploaded assets if I'm above the free account storage limit and I downgrade from plus or pro to a free account? Longer explanation; I'm preparing to DM my first campaign on Roll20 (I'm currently a player in another DM's Roll20 campaign). I currently have a free account, I'm maxed out for storage space. I plan to upgrade my account to Plus or Pro about a month or two prior to starting my campaign. I don't know when my campaign will start because I don't know when our current campaign will end. If I upgrade my account now (to increase storage), upload additional assets going above the free account limit, complete my initial setup, and then drop back down to a free account until my campaign is about to begin: What will happen to my assets, my game, etc.? Sorry if this has already been explained, I did not see it on the Subscription FAQ, forms, or external sites.

Edited 1570834755
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
They remain accessible, but you won't be able to upload any new assets until you once again have available space. Edit: also, you may want to take a look at the image best practices as I'm kinda amazed that you're at max storage as a player. I gm'd the first book of a paizo ap, with lots of custom assets, using nothing but a free account and didn't come close to reaching the data cap. Even now with multiple campaigns, I'm not even at 300mb of assets,and that's with lots of duplicates of maps and avatars.
Scott C. said: ...I'm kinda amazed that you're at max storage as a player.... ...I'm not even at 300mb of assets,and that's with lots of duplicates of maps and avatars.... Thank you for your help.  I am a player in another DM's game, but I wouldn't say I've maxed out as a player, I maxed out as a DM uploading assets for a game that hasn't started yet.  I mentioned being a player in the other game to explain why I don't know when my game will start, we are finishing the game where I'm a player first. I maxed out at 100MB, and yeah I don't think I'll need anywhere near the 3GB to just set up (plus membership max).  I support a bunch of Patreon artists, and there are duplicate images kicking around in my collection, but I have 114GB of digital assets.  Pretty much all of them are 10MB or less, and the majority are less than 5MB but it adds up. In ways it's not a huge deal to set up more than I have now for starting out, but at the same time I do have a huge world planned out and it's fun to pick away at it creating NPCs (using custom uploaded images for each), setting up maps, organizing all the assets for quick random stuff that will come up. It's much easier to build within Roll20, I just don't want to sign up for a month or two, have a ton of stuff all set up, then realize our other campaign won't start for another couple of months.  It's great that I can turn off the account, not lose everything, then reactivate it when it's time. Thanks again.