Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Attributes are not created

Hi there, if have been writing a few new api features for my group and encountered a weird problem. Campaign Id: 2878045 I have a charactersheet in my game named "Jahan sal Sfenaj". Via API I get the charId and try to look up attributes. The problem is: there are none.          var   objects   =   findObjs ({              _type:   'attribute' ,              _characterid :   '-JlfrMxCxhFYCdI31j_6'         })          objects . forEach ( element   =>           {              sendChat ( "DEBUG" ,  ` ${ element . get ( "name" ) } ` );             }); The chaIid is correct! My code works for other characters that I just created. it also seems that my old characters (which went though several GameSystem-Sheets) seem to be broken and are unable to have new attributes. I also realised that each change in GameSystem-Sheet seems to have added attributes which are not visible in the character overview. I also tried duplicating the character sheet, which worked as long as the name differed from the original. After deleting that and letting the duplicate take it's name I was back to square one. So it seems that CharacterIds are are just based on name.
Hi Nico -  Thank you for reaching out and our apologies for any trouble with the API. To best start troubleshooting, would you mind providing us with the below information, please? What character sheet are you currently using in this game? Also, it seems like you mentioned having used several sheets for this game. If so, what were the other ones you tried using? What is the exact name of the game in question?
Dear @Nicholas, I apologize, it seems I screwed up on my end. I solved the problem, it was simple, I had a character sheet that had the same name but was not in the list of character sheets. I assume it was created as part of a Rulesystem-CharacterSheet in the background, but was never removed (somehow). So I had two sheets with the same name. Changing both via API and renaming the one I could see solved it. I checked other characters but none seem to have the problem. I apologize again for posting this without exhausting all of my debugging options first. Sincerely, Nico