Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does anyone know if there are any plans to update the charactermancer to include aarakocra, tortle, and genasi races?

Jenel L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi i was curious if anyone knew if there was a . timeline in place for when these races might be available in the charactermancer? Or if there is a way to add these races to the charactermancer as presets so i dont have to type in the information custom style everytime I want to play one. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Aaracokra and Genasi would require the Elemental Evil Players' Companion to be converted to Roll20. While it was released as a free PDF, ot likely contains language that prevents it from being freely converted to other uses. Still, Roll20 has committed to filling out their backlog next year, so it's a possibility. Tortle however was released as a charity product, IIRC. It's an unlikely candidate for conversion. As for custom typing, I'd make a level one character of each race and use them as a template for next time you want to play one.
At least one other VTT product has the Elemental Evil Players' Companion and The Tortle Package licensed and available for sale, so I believe it is possible for Roll20 to make them available here, too.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, I did not know that. Well, I suppose we'll know when and if they are announced.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I specifically asked about Tortle and Grung two Roundtables ago, and they said that since they are DM Guild products, those are tricky licenses and there are no current plans to add them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Loren. I knew there had been an official response along those lines, but I could not find them with a forum search. That explains it.