Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fog of war vs advanced fog of war

Apologies if this has been covered.  I am new to Roll20 and am experimenting with fog of war vs advanced fog of war.  My issue is I really like the way Fog of War fully reveals the explored areas of the map, while Advanced Fog "reveals" the map after exploration but it remains darkened.  Is there a way for advanced fog of war to "fully" reveal explored areas of the map?  Even using the reveal tool when Advanced is enabled still reveals a darkened revealed area. Any help is appreciated.  Thanks  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Either drop advanced altogether and just use regular fog of war, or employ  Light Crumbs . Neither is exactly what you are looking for, but they are close.

Edited 1571086961
I'll give light crumbs a try, much appreciated.  Revealing fog of war is kind of time consuming, that`s why I love Advanced FOW. Obviously I need to put on the token layer, yes?
Also...Do you use this with dynamic lighting?  What should should the map settings be in relation to the light crumb?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I use light crumbs in combination with Dynamic Lighting. I have never really liked the implementation of Advanced Fog of War and don't use it. I just drop a light crumb after they leave an area,
I think I have it, now...much appreciated!  While I have you, maybe you can answer one more question...I have noticed that on page settings...I set a certain track to play upon loading, yet it does not play...I'm sure it's just me, but I can not figure this one out either.

Edited 1571095450
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Shane B. said: I think I have it, now...much appreciated!&nbsp; While I have you, maybe you can answer one more question...I have noticed that on page settings...I set a certain track to play upon loading, yet it does not play...I'm sure it's just me, but I can not figure this one out either. Not sure if this is the issue, but make sure the Player Ribbon is on the page in order for Play on Loading to work properly. ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Jukebox#Play_on_Load" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Jukebox#Play_on_Load</a> )
That`s it...thanks