Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP][5E][SKT] BRAND NEW DM looking to get a solid group for saturday game

Hey everyone, I've finally managed to return to the DnD world after a long hiatus due to life and stuff and thought that i would try my hand at being a DM. I am looking to gather a group of chilled out friendly people to have some fun with. I would prefer to have newish players, who have an undertsanding of the rules but wont crucify me when i do something wrong :P  The game would likely be Saturday with a start time around 9-10pm gmt (4-5pm EST) and start from level one. Points will be rolled for but i have a method which is super forgiving. Like i said this will be my first time as a DM so hopefully we get an awesome group together and have some amazing sessions :) if your interested please could you reply to this with the following answers. Thanks in advance. Name: Age: DnD Experience: what do you like most in DnD: Combat/Rp etc Preferred class: Discord:
Name: Stephen Age: 21 DnD Experience: well-versed in 5th Edition what do you like most in DnD: Combat/Rp etc: I favor a balance of both Roleplaying & Combat but slightly favoring roleplaying Preferred class: I can play multiple classes, my favorites are Cleric, Warlock, or Fighter Discord: Sovereign#6194 Hope to talk to you soon!
Name: Hayden Age: 23 DnDE: handful of oneshots, DMed for a year and a few oneshots of my own. Expectation: looking forward to RP and Combat about 50/50 for both, just nothing too murder hobo like. Really hoping to have a good character development for whatever I come up with.  Classes: Paladin, Bard, Ranger. But fine to fit in near any role. Discord Maskino#2211 
Name: Dylan Age: 23 DnD: I played in a ~7 session campaign, ive read the PHB and DMG What I like: I think 5e is designed around its combat so I do like it, but I like to have good roleplaying scenes between fights that give them compelling narrative context Classes: I've only played fighter but I would like to try out the barbarian, warlock or paladin Discord: Dinic#2984
Name: Brett Age: 35 DnD Experience: Sorta know 5e, 3.5e, have played in a couple games over the years, and I ran a pathfinder campaign 5 years ago or so. what do you like most in DnD: Exploration and combat Preferred class: Cleric/healer but I'm flexible. Discord: Ecto#9212
Name: Nakita Age:23 DnD Experience: I have only played in two very short d&d campaigns, but have played many other ttrpg's such as pathfinder, apocolypse world, etc. and dm'd a few what do you like most in DnD: I personally like a mix or rp, combat, and world building Preferred class: I prefer to play a Caster such as Wizard or Warlock, But i'd be happy playing whatever the party needs Discord: CinderGreyFox#0600
Name: Kyle Age: 22 DnD experience: 1 year of playing on Roll20, all DnD 5e What do you like most in DnD: I like a mix of combat and RP but more than anything I just love a challenge Preferred class: rogue, bard or warlock Discord: ThePatMachine#0323
Name: Ian Age: 24 DnD Experience: I have never played but I’ve done some research and watched critical roles entire campaign 1 and most of campaign 2. That’s prob about 400+ hours of 5e so I have a decent understanding of the rules and the way the game works. what do you like most in DnD: Although I’ve never played I love the idea of experiencing the role play as well as some challenging combat. Preferred class: I think I would like playing a barbarian/paladin but I’ll play whatever is needed. Discord: Ian504#5448
Hi Kynan, I'm very interested in joining your game. Name: Lydia Age: 24 DnD Experience: I've guested in a campaign and played a few one-shots, but I'm very much new to the game. What do you like most in DnD: So far I've enjoyed both combat and RP. I'm pretty chill and would be happy with a focus on either or a balance between both. Preferred class: I've tried out being a bard and a cleric (briefly), but I'd also be fine to try something new if that worked better for a party. Discord: singstogoats#6645
If the offer to join is still on the table I would like to join. Name: Zachary Age: 21 DnD Experience: I've played D&D for awhile now(about 2 yrs.) so I know how its mechanics work to some extent. however since the other groups I've played with "shut down" for the lack of any better way to describe it, I've been meaning to get back into playing D&D. my previous groups had problems with scheduling and overall bad players for example. I know nobody's perfect and life has it's ways of keeping people busy, but that doesn't change the fact that my experience with D&D lacked the luster I was hoping for. what do you like most in DnD: Combat/Rp etc: What isn't there to like about D&D, sure I'll admit D&D has it's faults, but 9 out of 10 times its a great game. I love the sheer volume of D&D and what people can do with it. D&D is practically limitless in how a group plays a campaign forming a unique experience and bond that no one can replicate. That's what I love about D&D and why I miss playing it. Preferred class: I've mainly played spell casters, however I can see the appeal in playing a simple (hit thing with big pointy stick) fighter. I'm trying to remain unbiased since I haven't played all the classes in PHB yet. Discord: actualcanibalzachlebouf#7506
Name: Nick Age: 38 DnD Experience: Lots, but with 5th edition, less then 3 weeks :-\ what do you like most in DnD: Role playing, getting to know players and there characters, and just the social interactions that come from telling a story Preferred class: Healer/Fighter Discord: Nomad of Endings#4074 (might not be spaces, but it's showing spaces between the words for me) I just wanna say I'm definitely looking to play in a chill and laid back game as I'm learning 5th edition and I'm still super new to the system :)
Name: Franklin Clark Age: 19 DnD Experience: Little  experience few games what do you like most in DnD: Combat/Rp etc: Little bit of both rp is great combined with a good combat Preferred class: Warlock Discord: TheFrankNast
Name: Wouter (it's Dutch) Age: 22 DnD Experience: Dm'ed a campaign of 2 years, but little player experience what do you like most in DnD: Combat/Rp etc: combat, but I enjoy learning other people's backstories a lot too. Preferred class: fighter or sorcerer Discord: Leviathan#1186 Since I DM'ed for such a long time, I'm familiar with the rules, but I won't crucify you if you don't do something RAW :p. I don't like disrupting game flow like that.
First of all.. Welcome to the wonderfull world of DM'ing :) may you have many tpk's and glorious villains ;) Name: Jesper Age: 29 DnD Experience: 1,5 Year in 5E as DM( first campaign) - 10 years in multiple other systems what do you like most in DnD: would say 65%RP 35%Combat, 100% emersion.. for me there is nothing better when u after several sessions of finding out why this or that event took place,  get to the "showdown"  Preferred class: Cleric/Druid/Bard/Warlock - But really doesn't matter for me  Discord: Hailot#6396