Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

AFOW and full light mode lagging

so i have turned off AFOW and Global illumination and also turned off DL nand the game is still super slow. This has been going on for quite a while. Im starting to get upset and thinking about playing on another platform. I pay real money to use these features and it slows down so bad it take 5 - 10 seconds for anything to happen wheter it opening up a character sheet or moving the map.  Why is this not being fixed??  its been going on for well over 6 months.  whats up developers. stop coming out with new content and fix the broken stuff first.
Hello Cooper J., I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. To rule out possible issue,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through all of the requested information in  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log! Thank you!
ive done all that before. its not the users its your system.  or else why are so many people having the same issue. this has been going on for months now. you are going to start losing customers soon. as a matter of fact am i getting any kind of a refund for not being able to use the features i pay for?? if not im going back to a free account until you fix the issue. and ive sent a console log and no one has told me a thing

Edited 1571157290
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
With Dynamic Lighting and AFoW turned off, you should not be experiencing noticeable lag. There are many reports of AFoW+Global Illumination lag, but I've seen nothing recently for general lag. I'm not getting it, and I have a fairly old, mid-range computer that I frequently use DL on. Assuming you have gone through the steps above, there are other sources for lag you can look for: A large number of Character Sheets. Like over 200. Even if you have a lot fewer, lag can be caused if a number of those have a huge number of spells on them (Assuming you are using a system that has spells). Extremely large maps or many map pages. (performance can vary widely on these, depending on the file size of the map image or number of images on a page). If you are noticing lag on character sheets and are using Firefox, there is a known issue that can be resolved by turning off Autofill and Autocomplete. What system and sheet are you using?
i use either firefox or chrome  i get lag on both dont have more than 20 - 30 charactes but that is for all games
i play 5e d&d
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you tried all of the steps that Rainflame posted? Particularly Step 4?