Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Buffy the Vampire Slayer game?

Anyone know of any Buffy games running, or interested in running a game?  Would love to find a group to play with.
Loved to be a player, I have run buffy years ago but do not have time to run anymore games atm .
I don't know the system well enough to feel comfortable GMing it lol. Otherwise I probably would.

Edited 1571320102
You folks may want to look for a Monster of the Week game.  Uses the Apocalypse World system.  Easier to dive in (making a character can take about 5 minutes) and the game has very similar themes (you can play a ‘chosen’, a magicy user, a geek, etc.) mechanics are extremely uniform and easy (roll 2d6 +adds: very high is good, avg to high is good with a consequence, low is bad but learn-gain xp). And a given scenario is very tv-like: hear about something bad/a mystery, find clues, find big bad, boss fight.   I tried getting a Buffy game going but there just isn’t a large enough committed community on roll20 (with the same time zones, etc.).  FYI it was free, weekly or every two weeks any evening of the week.  Not one person was interested (or close to my time zone) after 3 months so the community is very  lean here.  So I moved on to other games... Good luck!
Agreed on Monster of the Week. I'd widen your search to include that.
I've run a few Buffy games. Fell through. If enough serious players want to try it I'd be up for running more. No guns. 
meh, guns and buffy just dont mix. to me at least. the Initiative was easily the weakest buffy story.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I’ve run 3 separate Buffy games with success on Roll20. I know of two games that are running at the moment on Roll20. I have forwarded this thread to the GMs. /Matt
I remember the Buffy RPG, but never saw anyone play it.  I agree that Monster of the Week is a suitable substitute (as well as Monsterhearts, if the players want to focus more on teen romance/sexuality and less on killing other monsters).  These are actually the only PbtA games that I've ever had any interest in.  I'm a text player, though, so I'm probably not much help as a player or GM.
i watched youtube series playing the buffy rpg it was super fun it looked super fun and silly
I agree, I would love to give it a go. Played in another party awhile ago, but it fell apart
i could run a monster of week game set in the buffy U  cant proimse to be good at it i only played monster of week as a player so far never the ST
so if i was to post about sunday monster of the week buffy AU game would anyone here care to join?
I'm not familiar with Monster of the week
benjamin e. said: I'm not familiar with Monster of the week it is 2d6 system that super easy to learn and play
benjamin e. said: I'm not familiar with Monster of the week RYAN B. said: benjamin e. said: I'm not familiar with Monster of the week it is 2d6 system that super easy to learn and play Ben...feel free to look at my post above for a summary.  :). On a side note: This is why I don’t do pbp any more :)
I would love to be involved with a Buddy Themed game. If someone wants to run a game I would be down depending on the time. 
I'm looking for a MotW game as well. I've never played Buffy but I'm a quick study. Depending on the time/day it's being run, I'd be interested in joining.
send me an IM if you still want to play