Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Leveling up

Hi all, this is my first forum topic and first time as DM and using roll20. I have used dndbeyond for my character sheet before, and it was simple there to manage new things when you level up. I am not seeing that here. There is no indication of what you gain as you level on the character sheet. There are probably numerous topics of this same question, but please help me and answer on this one. Should I just use dndbeyond for my character sheets.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It depends on what character sheet you are using. Since you use DnDBeyond, I assume you play 5th edition DnD. If you also use the official Roll20 sheet for 5e, you have access to the Charactermancer , which will walk you through creation, and then through leveling up.
Ok, I linked this account to Paizo, but I also noticed it made a blank level 1 character on my dndbeyond account. I had to manually transfer information from here to there (here, it says my wizard has 12 ac, but the dndbeyond sheet says it's 13 ac). I am not sure if Paizo or roll20 tied into dndbeyond. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look into the charactermancer.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
DnDBeyond have no ties to Roll20, and Paizo's current connection to Roll20 is that you get discounts to some products in one store when you purchase in the other. If you're playing DnD4E or DnD5E, that have nothing to do with Pazio, who are publishing the Pathfinder line of games. And tehre are currently no offical methods with transferring stats to or from Roll20.
Ok, I didn’t know about the charactermancer feature, but I checked it out. It is indeed most handy! Not as streamlined as leveling up in dndbeyond, but exactly what hat I was looking for! So, I will not need to use dndbeyond for my players. Thank you so much! You answered my question!
I do wonder how a blank level 1 character popped up on dndbeyond linked to the exact title of my roll20 game, though. Maybe it’s through twitch or google?