Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM Looking for Reliable Long-Term Players for a Major Epic Level D&D 5th Edition Game (Please See Inside)

Edited 1571410290
----------------------------------------------------------------- Game To Be Played: Saturdays at 7pm EST Game Type: FREE TO PLAY Edition: D&D 5th Edition Players Needed: 5 Not Allowed: Homebrewed UA (Must be from a book) [The reason I say this is because there are way too many broken races in UA] Requirement: Level 15-20 Established Characters (You have all all of its stats, equipment, and powers brought over to my world) Age Requirement: 18+ Not Allowed: Psionics/Mystics ----------------------------------------------------------------- Good evening, my dear brothers and sisters of Roll20! Chandra (Ashley) here once more! It has been a short while since I have done my last D&D setting, and it is time that I bring to you news of my latest work and what it is I am looking for in upcoming players for my D&D 5th Edition game. This game will be quite different from any game you have probably played, as it will require smart minds, cunning, and skill to see through. Let's start with the amazing surprise, shall we? You will be playing your most powerful Level 15-20 character! That's right, your champion you may have set away in a world somewhere that has completed his or her epic quest. You will be bringing your very own champion you had forged from low levels all the way to being one of the best in your respective worlds. Your champion will suddenly feel the pull of their very souls leaving their bodies, while their bodies drop to the ground in blissful slumber. Your characters are whisked away through endless colors and twisted nethers unlike what they had ever experienced before, and wind up in a world of ruin. Dizzy, confused, and in their actual full bodies just as they had been left on their own world, these champions of various worlds must come together to save this one from a damning doom. This broken world has seen the fall of its own Champions... The Gods are nowhere to be seen. There is no one left on this world to stop the damnation from completing its annihilation. The last ditch effort was to pull Champions from other worlds in hopes that they would save this one, and once a way is found to reverse the transfer, only then would they be allowed to return to their worlds of origin. Welcome... to Medenia.
The date and time is set.
Hello this is interesting, so we cannot create new characters but must use old ones? I am interested, male, 22, been playing for about a year and have gmed a bit.
Correct. They have to be established Champions.
Ah, very well. Sadly I played in another long term campaign that ended abruptly and thus my highest level character is a level 8 fighter, so I am unsure if I am eligible. I did know how I wanted him to be constructed however.
Yeah, unfortunately, they have to be established Champions because that's how this world selects them. They arrive with all of their powerful gear, their stats, their skills and everything.
Alright, best of luck thanks for replying.
We need 4 more players.
Sounds like an awesome game, I'm down!
A little added piece of information as to a small prelude to the dire situation at hand befalling Medenia:
So, I have to ask, but why the need for established characters? I get that's how the world selects them, but could you not just create a character with a backstory that shows the background they have and they're reason for selection? On top of that, what would stop players creating a level 15-20 character in another game just to import into this one? Not trying to be nit picky, just really confused and curious.

Edited 1571447888
Because it doesn't have as much meaning as one you've poured your heart and soul into. Freshly created characters are made and treated by the player a lot differently than fully established ones. Players feel more prideful slipping back into those characters again. The whole, "Oh wow! I get to play this again, I thought the campaign was over and that would be it for this!" To some, to play their champion they worked hard to raise to that point again is a very alluring thing. :) And because the character is imported, I can tell if the character was freshly created or not simply by the writing. The bio information for example should be filled with information, as well as their allies lists, enemies list, traits and friends, things like that from their world of origin. Though technically, yes, people could forge it, I highly doubt they would do that just to fuck over my game. Then again, some may and the onus is on me to catch it. For me as the DM, letting characters play their Champions again shows me not only what those characters and players have been through as experience both in-game and as a player, but also shows me the bond or connection that that player has with that character. For me, my bonds I share with my characters are very close at the higher levels. I make more careful decisions, and I take my time with things. I'm not quick to just rush into something like I would a freshly made character or low level. It shows me the care the player put into that character, and their passion of D&D as well in that regard. :)
I kinda get that. The issue I have with it is you're assuming every player is like you. I never take massively detailed notes for my characters. Not because I don't care for or respect them, but because I look at it like real life. You remember the important things and important people. Additionally, every character I make I treat with that level of respect. Regardless of if I was making the character at 3rd or 13th level. I would never play a character I didn't connect with because then there's nothing to drive that character forward. Once again, I don't want to come off as poking holes, just giving input and a bit of creative criticism. :)
Oh for sure. This is kind of a reward for those who worked their characters hard, from the low levels to the high levels, and then suddenly either they hit a road block or the campaign ended, that module ended, or that storyline expired so their characters were just sitting, and they want to play them again somehow. My story and my world will reignite that excitement they have to play those characters again. And the excitement is very high, as I have 5 so far who are ecstatic about it. :)
MY GAME IS NOW FULL. THANK YOU EVERYONE! <3