Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Making Damage not show

Greeting im currently working on a  template but am runing into a lil bit of an issue with the damage part. this is what i have so far {{#rollGreater() damage 1}} <tr>         <td>                      <span class="tcat">Damage: </span>{{damage}}                  </td>     </tr> {{/rollGreater() damage 1}}  but after looking at it i know this wont work  b/c the function will do  this  {{damage= 1d6+@{dexmod}}} is there  away that i can make this work  b/c dexmod is an  attribute that could be above or below the #rollGreater() function so im not sure how to go about making this work
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont understand your issue, but unrelated to your question, you do have another problem. This won't work: {{damage= 1d6+@{dexmod}}} You need to make it an inline roll, like so {{damage=[[1d6+@{dexmod}]]}} for it to work with the logic functions. For your issue, is this section supposed to show if the roll is above a natural 1 on the die? If so, you can use the fumble check.  {{#rollWasFumble() <rollname>}} will show for fumbles, and  {{#^rollWasFumble() <rollname>}} will show if not a fumble. So your code would be {{#^rollWasFumble damage}}     <tr>         <td>            <span class="tcat">Damage: </span>{{damage}}         </td>     </tr> {{/^rollWasFumble damage}}  And make your roll {{damage=[[1d6cf1+@{dexmod}]]}}

Edited 1571435871
what im trying to do is make a roll template that if damage  has nothing to it it wont show  damage but im using a button to roll this template and it does a damage  of [[box on the charactor sheet+ dex mod]] so if the box is blank i would like it  to not show damage on the template but since the button also has a dex mod for damage  then  it has a value so it will show up im trying to figure how how to make it so if the box is blank damage shouldn't show up     basic if it [[0+dex mod]] then damage shouldnt show on the template