Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e: All Warlocks get Command, which should only be available to Fiend Warlocks

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or in the D&D 5th edition by roll20 (Q4Y2019) thread or elsewhere, so sorry if this is the wrong place. Mancer Issues Template Class(es) : Warlock Subclass : Confirmed for Great Old Ones and Fiend Race : Confirmed for gnome and elf Level(s) : Confirmed for 1 & 2 Description of issue :  Documenting the exact steps you've taken & choices you've made will let us follow your path in our quest of troubleshooting. Screenshots are always welcome. The charactermancer for a Warlock treats Command as a base spell when it should only be available to Fiend warlocks. I discovered this because one of my players took Command at level 2, which is only available to Fiend warlocks. The lvl1 spell list according to the printed PHB is: Aramor of Agathys, Arms of Hadar, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Expeditious Retreat, Hellish Rebuke, Hex, Illusory Script, Protection from Evil and Good, Unseen Servent, and Witch Bolt. The Great Old Ones pact adds Dissonant Whispers and Tasha's Hideous Laughter. The Fiend pact adds Burning Hands and Command. The Archey pact adds Faerie Fire and Sleep. Here's what the charactermancer shows for leveling a gnome great old ones warlock from 1 to 2 (I added the red boxes and text in the list): I was able to reproduce this when creating a level 1 Elf Great old ones warlock with a different background: So it doesn't look related to race or background. I was curious what happened with Fiend warlocks, since they're supposed to get Command, and it looks like they get it twice: So it looks like the pacts are correctly adding their spells, but the spell Command is incorrectly in the base list.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for reporting this bug. I have found the source of the issue but need to consider carefully the fix. I have added a ticket to our queue for it. - Cassie