Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help]Hands Up script triggering conflicts?

Hi! First off, thanks to literally *all of you* for the work contained in here. Seriously. It's the kind of thing I'd like to spend an hour trying to put into words but we all got stuff to do. I've got an error message popping up when I try to add Hands Up to my game: "Hands Up or it's dependencies read or write fields that are used by other scripts you currently have installed." +etc. Most other reports I've seen of these sorts of error messages seem to already know what's causing the conflict, but I can't figure it out, and I'm a little sketchy on the idea of just adding it and playing around. So, I'd like to know what the risks actually are if I try to install it and it conflicts, so I can solve this sort of thing myself in the future. And, here's my script list: Script Library ScaleOnAdd, WorldMapDiscovery, DeleteAllDrawings, TurnMarker, AlterBarOnToken, Show Portrait, Vector Math, splitArgs, HTML Builder, Character Sheet Utils, Health Status, Token Fate, Concentration, Drunk, Timed Dialogue Thank you! Thank you. Thank you thank you.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's kind of an alarming sounding warning, but it's nothing to worry about (assuming the script works properly). What is likely happening here is that Roll20 is detecting that this script modifies some property of tokens, and you also have other scripts that modify token properties, so its just warning that they may conflict. But that is the purpose of those scripts, and they should work together fine.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Those warnings are safe to ignore. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, to expand on GiGs' explanation, when we submit a script to the repo for the one click we list what it reads and what it writes to. This is what the conflict warning is based on, and many of us use extremely broad terms for what we're affecting, for example token instead of token.bar1_value.
Thank you all so much!