Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP] [5E] [AEST] New DM looking to start with Lost Mines

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} Time : 7-11PM AEST or close to it. Prefer people in or around this time zone so there’s the possibility of moving things around when need be.   Day : Mondays. Open to adjusting individual sessions depending on availability but Monday is the best regular day for me.   Experience : New/newish players probably preferred. Not ruling out experienced players but as a new DM I personally feel more comfortable feeling this out with new players.   Group : Looking for probably 5. I like the number since we can still have a group of 4 if someone’s unavailable. Would like a bit of gender diversity ideally.   Tone : I like to have fun with DnD. There’s room for serious moments and more light-hearted laughs so if you’re looking for one exclusively this probably isn’t the campaign for you. That's not to say your character can't be serious or funny of course. I also personally like to cut some tedium out of the game. I won’t be enforcing strict encumbrance rules…within reason. No grand pianos in the rogue’s pocket unless there’s a bag of holding in that pocket.   Influences : The Adventure Zone is probably the DnD podcast I’ve listened to/enjoyed most. I won’t be a loose with the rules as them though (I’ll stick to RAW/sage advice as much as I can but might make alterations to fit our group as it comes up). I used to watch the Unexpectables and thought the DM there was very good. I’m aware of Critical Roll and have seen a little bit but never got into it.   Races/ Sub-classes allowed : First off, it it’s official it’s allowed. Xanthars, Sword Coast Adventurers guide, all good. If it’s UA, Homebrew or something outside Faerun (Warforged, Changling etc) you’ll have to run it by me. Oh and Aarakocra, we’d need to discuss them.   What about monstrous races ? I love variety in races. If you want to play a monstrous race I won’t punish you for it but we might need to figure out what it is you want from the experience (maybe you enjoy the thrill of having to hide your identity, maybe you just want to be a Hugbear, spreading happiness through the world with your misunderstood hugs, without being murdered by the town guard for it).   Expectations of players : Have an open mind, keep it friendly and be conscious of the other players experience. Also let me know in advance if you can’t make it or will be late. We might start without you if everyone else is there unless it’s a key plot moment. We'll be using Discord for voice and Roll 20 for character sheets and rolling. If you're new to R20I don't mind helping out. Finally if you’re racist or sexist towards a group member there’s a high chance you get kicked then and there depending on the feelings of the group. I’ve not experienced this personally but heard stories. No real appetite on my end to put up with that.   The Campaign : As a beginner DM, I’m looking to start with the noob friendly LMoP. Where we go from there will probably depend on the group. Also on what kind of enjoyment we all get from the game. After all if I find I hate DMing it probably won’t translate to a good experience for everyone else. That said I will do my best to at least finish this module regardless.   Character creation and leveling up : To be discussed as a group. I have some ideas but open to the opinions of others   When do we start ? Well once a group is sorted maybe a week or two for me to get set up? Also gives you time to think about your character and backstory     Please answer the blow questions so I can start putting a group together (don’t feel the need to write an essay, I know doing that for games you don’t end up joining sucks)   Let me know:   Your age (not important just nice to know)   Gender   Experience   What you want from a game (whether it be general experience, feel or even something more specific like what kind of character you want to play)   Your availability (like a typical week, if you can start earlier on Mondays etc)     If you're uncomfortable with answering the above questions feel free to message me directly.
My age is 15 My gender is male  i have experienced 2 different campaigns and mostly there cluttered and a lot of arguing between other party members with outside of of game stuff and im currently looking for something chill where everyone can work as a party My availability is anywhere past 3pm in the eastern daylight time  If i do get accepted i mainly am on discord so my username is EmotionLess#3439 please message me on that.
I am a male  I used to play one offs but not to good at the 5e style of play but I'd love to learn and play more with a great group of people. I am available any time after 3:00 pm eastern standard time. And if I'm accepted my discord username is SharpSchott#9116. Please message me on that.
1572171966

Edited 1572172104
I’m 29, male. I’ve played two campaigns that got cancelled early (levels 3 and 5) because the DMs had to prioritise other things.  Honestly I just want to play some D&D, I’ve been interested for three years and played so little. I have a couple of characters already made. One has pages and pages of backstory (half-orc wild magic sorcerer I’ve been thinking about since the collapse of the last campaign I played 18 months ago) and the other has a filled out character sheet (halfling fighter). I’d also be happy to make a new character.  I’m available from 4pm AWST every weekday except Wednesday, which is 7pm Sydney time during daylight savings. And Saturday mornings and all day Sunday.  Looking forward to hearing from you!
1572232399

Edited 1572232530
I’m a male in his 20's. I’ve played a few campaigns that never went past level three, so I am looking for a long term group. Overall, I'm looking for more experience overall and a group that won't flake on me. I have a couple of characters already made from my sessions past. All of them have fairly decent backstories that can be changed to fit into the campaign. I’m work weekdays 9-5 and am available saturdays, and other than that I am fairly free. My discord is FlapjaxAttack#3527 as well, so dm me there if your interested. Excited to potentially hear back from you and meet a few new people as well!
1572238406

Edited 1572238493
Your age: 32 Gender: Male Experience: Been playing 5e D&D on Roll20 for coming up on a year now and been in a few campaigns of varying length (one still ongoing for a little over a year).   What you want from a game (whether it be general experience, feel or even something more specific like what kind of character you want to play): I'm looking for a longer campaign to join with a few others who I hope to get to know and maybe become friends with. I'm fine with a little homebrew (hopefully the DM can make good judgment when it comes to what to allow) and custom campaign settings and worlds. I prefer to play as the good guys, so I'm not looking for an evil campaign. Not really looking for some kind of hardcore experience with death waiting around every corner to try and bring the party to a miserable and ignoble end or a DM vs. the players kind of game. I typically prefer playing melee combatants or hybrids, but for a while now I've been itching to try some pure casters. I try to come up with in-depth backstories and personalities for my characters and try my best to roleplay them accurately. I like to find out about the world or setting so I can try to create characters that fit in well with it. Your availability (like a typical week, if you can start earlier on Mondays etc): Due to work, I'm typically busy during the day. Here are the days and times I'm reliably available (it's all in CST cause I'm in the central US): Monday: 10am – 12am CST Tuesday: 9:45pm – 12am CST Wednesday: 9:45pm – 12am CST Thursday: 9:45pm – 12am CST Friday: 9:45pm – 12am CST Saturday: 6:45pm – 12am CST Sunday: 6:45pm – 12am CST I'm on Discord as Rhawkas#2519
Hi Nathan, Your age (not important just nice to know): 36   Gender: Male   Experience: I've been playing Shadowrun locally (in person) for a couple of months with a fantastic GM. I've loved every minute of it and want more role playing games in my life. I've played one single-day contained D&D campaign and had a blast. As for as 5e goes, I'm a total noob. Likewise for Roll20 and Discord. Having said that, I'm very quick to learn and do my homework to help speed things along. Would love some helping guidance as things start up.   What you want from a game (whether it be general experience, feel or even something more specific like what kind of character you want to play): Talking to a lot of D&D players, I've learned that there are two type of players. One type that just wants to do everything to get as much XP and level up as possible. Their goal is to win. The other type is there to play a character as well as possible, even if that means doing something counterproductive to a particular quest/mission. I strongly prefer the latter. As in, I enjoy the roleplaying aspect far more than point accumulation.     Your availability (like a typical week, if you can start earlier on Mondays etc). Right now I'm free most weeknights from 7-10pm'ish. Come the Spring I can do weeknights other than Tuesdays. I'd prefer to play weekly or every other week. 
1572295730

Edited 1572295898
I'm Adam I'm a dude, I'm 19, and most of my experience is weekly games with my buds. None of us were experts though and I have lots to learn. I love TAZ and their blend of goofs and drama, so an experience with a natural mix of both would be nice. I can make myself free on most any weeknight so long as I have a week's notice  My discord is A C Word#5362 (I know it's crass, it's a pun on my name) hit me up if I'm in
Your age (not important just nice to know)   Gender: F   Experience: 0   What you want from a game (whether it be general experience, feel or even something more specific like what kind of character you want to play)   Be alive at the end of the game + see what my dragonborn paladin can do. Your availability (like a typical week, if you can start earlier on Mondays etc) I live in the UK. I can do mornings up until 11am (if you live in the USA)