Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Audio Master - Version 3

Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The original thread for Roll20 Audio Master hasn't had a post in 2 months, so it's closed now.  Here's the new thread. I've got a few things I want to add to Roll20AM.   1) The Jukebox Audio Manager is challenging to use and it's easy to add the same tracks to multiple playlists without realizing it.  I'm going to put a duplicate check that displays tracks across multiple playlists so you can either change your audio manager or remove the track from the playlist from within Roll20AM 2) I put in tags to dynamically create playlists from among your multiple playlists to tailor a soundscape for a specific session.  I used it for a while but I haven't used it at all in a long time.  I'm going to remove this logic unless someone says to me otherwise 3) I'm going to put a verify check to verify that you've imported your tracks and there's no tracks in Roll20AM that no longer are in jukebox.   4) I'm going to replace the tag1 through tag 4 icons with at least 1 icon that displays the command about to be issued.  This will help macro users quickly copy out the command  5) Any other requests, speak now or forever.....
Can we get a command that sets all playlists to random,single at once? I've been fiddling a lot with my library lately and it´s a pain in the *** to go through them all after an import.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A default setting for all playlist?  How many do you have???

Edited 1575189447
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Victor B. said: A default setting for all playlist?  How many do you have??? Around 50 I think. Sounds are fun. Actually it´s 74. I counted. :D
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LOL, I'll add it to the list.  
Too...much? ;) Thanks a lot Victor. I really, really love this script.
A user-definable default setting for playlists would be marvelous -- I'm running into similar pain points as Ravenknight with all my random+single sound effect pools. Ravenknight said: Can we get a command that sets all playlists to random,single at once? I've been fiddling a lot with my library lately and it´s a pain in the *** to go through them all after an import. Victor B. said: A default setting for all playlist?  How many do you have???

Edited 1575945822
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have default playlist in.  I'm working on a duplicate check and now building a new menu to allow removing duplicates from a specific playlist.  Older versions only allowed removing the track completely from Roll20AM.  I'm also going to add a search feature, to search for a track.  I've wanted that for a while now.  I'm also going to add a sort feature.  This will be optional, as Roll20AM defaults the order of the tracks to how it's defined in Jukebox.  But having a sort by title would enable me to find a track quickly and the search will be there if I still can't find it.  I have playlists with 200 tracks.  Sometimes hard to find something.   Keep the suggestions coming.  
Hi there! Thanks so much for this amazing script. I may just be ignorant to the feature, but I'd greatly appreciate an override command if there isn't one. I'm trying to set up a macro for my bard player so he can press a button and play any one of four short melodies, but I don't want them to clash with any background music. Something that lets his song step in and play until stopped and then the previous playlist starts up again would be perfect.

Edited 1580970606
Is it intended that the script doesn't stop music started on the clientside jukebox rather than the API side? If I play a song using the jukebox normally or if I switch players to another page and the music starts because of Autoplay, and I use the command "!roll20AM --audio,stop|", it seems like it doesn't stop the audio (which is one of the big reasons why I used the original version of the script in the first place) Edit: After trying the old version once again (1.05), it looks like this issue might be something on roll20's side and I might've missed it. Seems like you can't stop tracks that are being played the normal way using API commands??
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No it won't.  It only starts/stop tracks launched from Roll20AM.  The reason for this is there's various tracks that might be launched via a char sheet or page load.  I didn't want to step on those.  

Edited 1581040649
So it's intentional? Would it be possible to have an "override stop all" command that's separate from the normal "stop". Exclusively for stopping all audio, as opposed to only tracks launched from the API Edit: clarity and grammar
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes
I'd definitely appreciate that kinda functionality! It definitely needs its own command, or maybe just an option modifier as a part of the stop command. (I'm not sure how you have it  situated in the script though so I can't suggest specifics)
Is there an updated ReadMe for v2.12? The commands listed in the API library and in the handout the script creates use outdated syntax. ( --play instead of --audio,play ...etc.)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Roll20AM wilki has the updated syntax.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm still in the process of wrapping up Combat Master.  So I won't be making any Roll20AM changes until after CM is done and published to Roll20
Victor B. said: The Roll20AM wilki has the updated syntax.   thank you!