Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Bug: Copying and Pasting Grouped Objects

I'm experiencing a minor bug, though a slightly frustrating one (mostly time consuming). I'm mapping out a dungeon, so I'm using multiple tiles for the floor (Often repeating) so I grouped them, copied them, and attempted to paste them. When I try to move the pasted four squares of floor, only one piece drags, then when I let go, the program realizes it's all one piece, but that one square is still out of alignment. Thanks guys. I love Roll20. Been playing DnD for years, and this is a great idea. The Jukebox especially. It really immerses my players with the right combos. Keep up the fantastic work.
So the squares are pasting properly as a group, correct? When you go to select the group, are you clicking on just one of the tiles? Try double clicking on the tile to select the group and moving it and see if that grabs them all at once.
Well, I went back and tried messing with it more. A tile always shoots out of alignment when selected, even if I don't move the mouse at all.
But, yes. They paste properly until selected. I've even tried selected the Group by clicking and dragging, but it still happens.
1397829858

Edited 1397829873
Is the tile that moves always the one you double click on or is it random?
1397829924

Edited 1397829949
Yes. It's the one that was clicked.
1397830547

Edited 1397830617
I have this, if it helps.
Hm. I'm having trouble reproducing this except if I single click on a tile and then move the mouse just slightly (which causes just that single tile to move). If you hit Ctrl+Z, does that move the tile back to it's original position?
Yes. Ctrl+Z takes it back. (Sorry for the delayed response. I was watching the Space X launch.)
Can second this problem. Using multiple wood floor tiles off the tile database arranged into a grid (to cover a floor), grouped them for easy rearranging as I expand the building. When I click and drag the group, only the tile I click moves the first time. Additional attempts to move the group work fine, as long as I don't deselect the group, but that one tile remains off, relative to where I tried to move the group the first time. I've tried selecting the group without moving the mouse, but the tile I click still nudges about 4 px down and to the left. If it helps, I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 7 Pro
Craig A., are you single or double clicking on the first tile?
1401653728
Gauss
Forum Champion
The best way to deal with this behavior is to not "perma-group" objects. When they are not permanently grouped they do not exhibit this behavior. To set up multiple-tile maps your best process is as follows: 1) Set up your original group of tiles on the GM layer (example: the 4 reddish tiles in Marshall's image above). 2) Copy that group of tiles. 3) Paste the new group. 4) Use the 'drag to select' method to select the new group. 5) Position the new group where you want it. 6) Send the new group to the map layer. 7) Repeat steps 3 through 6 until map is complete.