Advertisement Create a free account

Macro to have a roll pick from a list?

One of my players has a move where they roll a certain dice and check a list for what they have to do. I Example(I don't feel like pasting her actual moves so I'm just gonna use these): Roll a d4 and check the list Fireball Bless Command Charm Depending on the number she rolled I want her action to appear in the chat so she doesn't have to keep looking back. Is this possible?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
API Scripter
If you want her to actually roll a die and then enter a number, look into Roll Queries . If you just want the chat to return a random response out of four choices, look up Rollable Tables .
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
If you want to roll a dice, and then have the macro roll an action (like for the fireball, generate damage), rollable tables wont work, because you cant put rolls in them. roll queries are one way, but they'll get complex fast. The way I would do it would be to have a macro that outputs a Chat Menu (see the stupid tricks thread), and a roll. Then the player will see the roll, and know which button to click. I'm in a rush, hopefully others will explain more about this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
API Scripter
Here's the link for Chat Menus . But basically, each result is a token action on her sheet, and the chat menu gives you a directory to choose them from.
keithcurtis said: If you want her to actually roll a die and then enter a number, look into Roll Queries . If you just want the chat to return a random response out of four choices, look up Rollable Tables This was exactly what I was looking for thank you! :D