Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG] [5e] [CST] New Player looking for a gaming group and some guidance!

1573514415

Edited 1573519523
Hi!   Totally new to all of this - but I've wanted to jump into it for a while. I've got lots of enthusiasm and patience, but I will be learning from scratch! Mostly interested in DnD games, but open to other stuff if it comes along and sounds interesting.  Ideally I'd like a group to play reliably and regularly with, but am also okay with one-shots. Stuff to Know: I'm Ramon and I'm entirely, completely new to DnD, but am really looking for a regular group of new friends to play with and learn with.  I've got a fair amount of enthusiasm and patience and I learn pretty quickly.  Work has been wearing me down lately, and I feel like I need a creative and fun outlet - it's tough in my town to find a group that is welcoming or accessible, so here I am! I'm a monday-friday workweek kinda guy, though I make myself unavailable on mondays and tuesdays, because I work 10 hour shifts and am super toasty, so even though I'm home, I'm no use to anyone.    That makes my availability Wed-Fri 6p-midnight, Saturday and Sunday 2p-midnight I played everquest and roleplayed there for many many years and am well versed in a lot of fantasy literature and settings. I've got lots of ideas and lots of motivation!  I don't know for sure what I'm looking for in a game just yet, other than that I don't care so much as long as it's with nice, fun people.   I've always tended toward defensive or supportive classes, mechanically - Clerics, Shamans, Paladins, Druids (but I'm totally open to getting out of my comfort zone!).  RP-wise, I can be flexible, but tend toward willful characters with a larger mission. In managing moment-to-moment RP, I like to keep an inventory of likes, dislikes, and personal priorities for my character that informs the decisions I make. Personally, I'm a 32 year old healthcare professional who lives in Milwaukee, WI - Married and in the process of adopting my first child!  I enjoy board games and video games, tending to my house and my garden, and working on my art (I'm a ceramic artist and have been taking painting classes recently)!  I also enjoy going to the gym, and then going out to eat immediately afterward.  Now you know things about me! Pronouns are he/him/his, kindness and fun for all are my top-level priorities. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have for me!   Hope to meet some of you soon.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Come play Stars Without Number Game Link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/172983/death-becomes-her-a-space-opera" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/172983/death-becomes-her-a-space-opera</a> I run my game once a week on Fridays at 8:15 CST. Hope to see you there. -- Squeegee
We would love you to join us for our West March dnd 5e campaign (Free to play). We have 3+ dms and 20+ players so far, new and experienced. There are missions every week involving combat, rescue, bounty hunting, puzzle, and player driven. Check us out and mention you were sent by Aelar Rake. I look forward to seeing you in the campaign. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/182722/west-march-war-on-the-giants-forgotten-realms" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/182722/west-march-war-on-the-giants-forgotten-realms</a>