Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marching Order Script Spacing Suggestion

Hi all, Not sure where exactly to suggest this but I've been using  Stephen L.'s Marching Order script for the past few sessions and something I've noticed is that my players LOVE having a spced-out marching order (10ft gap between 1st and 2nd, 1 5ft gap between 2nd and 3rd, that sort of thing). I was wondering how others have handled this with the Marching Order script? Is there a way to have a (for example) 10ft gap between one token and the next, or even have the distance be variable? I've been trying to alter the script to facilitate this but I suck at javascript so I haven't made much progress there. Is this sort of feature even possible to implement with the existing script?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The current script does not support this feature. It's a good idea for a future version of the script though, and it can be done with some fancy vector math and the graphic object's lastmove API property.
I'm glad you like the idea! Shame it's not currently supported but a somewhat clunky substitute I tried out last night was using invisible tokens to artificially create the spaces. Though as you can imagine this gets clunky fast and isn't always suitable. I don't know how many people would want this feature but you can certainly count me one of them.
Honestly, fake invisible tokens is probably actually an easy way to do this as an update. No clue if/when I get around to this, but I know my party would love this too.

Edited 1574544990
I will say that I downloaded the script to run my group through a large dungeon crawl where I actually had the entire map on a page (normally I do theater of mind/have maps for specific rooms) - this is the exact scenario I went through and caused me to discontinue its use for the session. It was especially noticeable because we had a guest that night, bringing the total player count up to 7, and our total token count up to "way too many" due to having a beastmaster and a necromancer in the group. When using the script in a somewhat more normal circumstance (smaller map, less tokens on the board, everyone in a line) the script worked great; it was just when a player decided to scout ahead everything became a huge mess as all the tokens shuffled themselves around. Adding this functionality to the script would definitely make it a lot more usable in my campaign.