Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Roll20 Tabletop is up and running. Voice and Video service is degraded due to unusually high traffic. Read more...
Create a free account

Adding existing token to rollable table

Edited 1573754066
As title. Is this possible or do I need to reupload the image from scratch? Edit: What I am trying to achieve is a multi-sided token where diffeent sight distances are set up so I can switch to a shorter one when a character is blinded (so the immediate protion of the map around them casn be made visible and it's not just a black field).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A token generated from a rollable table has no link back to the table that created it. To generate a rollable table with additional or updated faces, you must edit the rollable table to add or change those faces, and then generate a new token.
I'm not sure I understand what that link means in terms of what I'm asking for. Can you please explain?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, you have several tokens on the table top that you've added or purchased, and you now want to build a rollable table with those tokens—specifically without reuploading the images? When creating a rollable table, you can switch to the library tab on the right and drag images from it. You can search for your marketplace purchases images or for images you're already uploaded, and drag those over to create the faces. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Take a look at the section of the wiki on Rollable Tables , particularly Rollable Table Tokens . Since you are a Pro user, you can even set that up with the token-mod API script. If all you are after is a size change though, it might be easier to use token mod to temporarily resize the token. Then you wouldn't have to prepare special tokens, but could apply the effect to anyone.

Edited 1573767893
The Aaron said: So, you have several tokens on the table top that you've added or purchased, and you now want to build a rollable table with those tokens—specifically without reuploading the images? When creating a rollable table, you can switch to the library tab on the right and drag images from it. You can search for your marketplace purchases images or for images you're already uploaded, and drag those over to create the faces.  Hm, that's progress. I was trying to drag from the actual VTT instead of the library tab. But based on this, I imagine there is currently no way to add a token with the attributes such as the bars and "has sight" (etc.) options set up as part of the rollable table?
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The multi-sided token is just for the appearance (graphic) of the token. For a player you could have one token where it has a separate side for different clothing, weapons, positions like sitting or laying, etc. Once you create the token from the rollable table you assign it the values like linking it to a character sheet, setting up your bars, and their vision radius. You then you make it the default token for that character. Now when you drag that token onto the table it will be setup with all of their stats but allow them to right click and change the graphic. The stats (like vision) is tied to the token as a whole, not the different graphic sides. For what you're looking to do I would recommend the TokenMod API script. It allows you to make changes to a token by way of a macro. So you could have a blindness macro that changes the distance a token sees. You click on the token, click that macro, and it can change the value for their sight. And fortunately for you, the master of all things API is already involved in this thread and can probably provide much better instruction than I can on this topic.

Edited 1573810295
Thank you, that script did the trick I ended up with the following way to call the options for the various characters of different darkvision distances /w gm &{template:5eDefault}{{save=1}}{{title=Adjusting Vision}}{{subheader=Master Table}}{{showclassactions=1}}{{Types= [Blind/Human](!#Vision:Blind-Human)  [Standard Darkvision](!#Vision:StandardDarkvision) [Malark](!#Vision:Malark)[Naira](!#Vision:Naira) }}  Where blind/human is set as !token-mod --set light_radius|3 light_dimradius|0 and standard darkvision is !token-mod --set light_radius|60 light_dimradius|0 (the two specific names are homebrew races who have 120 ft darkvision and 30, respectively. EDIT: Added an option to bright light as well so the sight can be tied to a token instead of using global illumination (which would negate the blindness setup. Works like a charm, thanks. Thank you.