Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Beefing Up 13th Age by roll20 character sheet

Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've been playing a game with this sheet for a while, and while it's a nice sheet to have (especially the power card functionality), it's got a few issues.  So during my game's hiatus, I'm going to work on updating the sheet to do the following: Add space on the sheet for the following sections or entries: Feats Incremental Advances Implements Non-attack Magic items (by type, including bonuses) Gold Pieces Incorporate the following into the character sheet's automatic math: HP and Skill incremental advances Attack and damage bonuses from implements AC, Bonuses from non-weapon magic items Human initiative bonus [already completed] And make the following fixes and upgrades: Fix skill roll template to show correct math [already completed] Implement a custom attack calculation for NPCs that doesn't include the escalation die Implement a custom attack calculation that adds to default attacks instead of overwriting (such as for paladin smite) Create a basic attack setting that works correctly for monks and their str/dex split. Add recharge roll sections to magic item power cards I know enough to implement most of these fixes on the HTML side of the character sheet.  That said, I don't know CSS, so this is going to look a little ugly.

Edited 1573786943
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheets with "By roll20" in their name are explicitly maintained by roll20 devs, and i dont think they accept community changes, but if they do, they'll be very picky about it - they'll maintain a much higher level of quality control and have their own preferences for design and appearance. It's worth a try, but I wouldnt make any big modifications in one go. Make some small upgrades and see if they accept it.
Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not planning to submit this to the repository--just gonna throw the HTML up here when I finish so others with Pro subscriptions can use it if they want.  I have neither the skills nor the time to make something to the standard of the official sheet.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Alan S. said: I'm not planning to submit this to the repository--just gonna throw the HTML up here when I finish so others with Pro subscriptions can use it if they want.  I have neither the skills nor the time to make something to the standard of the official sheet. Sounds awesome! Swing by again if you get stuck on some part, there are a bunch of us here who will gladly help with figuring things out.
Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tentatively finished.&nbsp; I'd be very glad of anyone who wants to jump into my test game and try these out, especially if you're familiar with 13th age: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/5427201/bXwu1Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/5427201/bXwu1Q</a> compared to the original sheet, there are now additional sections for magic items, feats, incremental advances, and implements.&nbsp; Where appropriate, entries in these areas will adjust character attributes. When creating custom powers in the power section, selecting a weapon or implement attack will use the ability score you've selected as your melee/ranged/casting stat in the collapsing section at the top of the screen.&nbsp; Previously it would use str with melee and dex with ranged regardless of your choices elsewhere.&nbsp; The option now exists to key an ability to whichever weapon or implement you have currently selected. Additionally, all attacks will now add the modifiers listed in the custom/bonus field. a dropdown menu in the collapsing section can turn on special calculation behaviors based on class.&nbsp; Select mnk (Monk) and your basic melee damage will be calculated based on strength regardless of what ability score your melee base attacks are based on (typically dex for Monks), and the @{jab} @{punch} and @{kick} character attributes will give the appropriate damage for those attacks. Select sdm (Slaughter Demonologist) and your melee basic attacks will use your casting stat instead of your melee attack stat while you are not staggered (Cha instead of Str for demonologists).

Edited 1575840077
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice job Alan!&nbsp; I'm not familiar with the 13th Age system, but I always love "borrowing" cool features from other's sheets.&nbsp; ;-P p.s I noticed " Do you lift bro " shows up for Strength roll (cool), but also for the other base abilities as well. This happened on "Jimothy McSmith", but not for another character I tested... I get a syntax error in chat (i could be entering info incorrectly...) for an "Icon Relationships" roll
Alan S.
Pro
Sheet Author
The "Do you lift bro" behavior is correct, assuming you have that background checked in the backgrounds section.&nbsp; 13th age uses narrative backgrounds, and the interface is designed to add whichever background is selected when you make an ability (skill) check I'll look into the icon rolls and see why that syntax error is popping up.