Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Castle Ravenloft

Hey Roll20 Folks! Hopefully an easy question: Is there a way to use the Ravenloft map pack that comes with the "Curse of Strahd" module in another campaign? Or do I have to repurchase/recreate those maps in the new campaign? I want to use the castle, and the module SAYS it comes with that map pack, but I can't find it in my addons. Please help! :D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It would be pretty easy to do at the Pro level. It's still doable at the Plus or Free level, though. One method would be to create a new game using the module (you can do this as many times as you like). Delete anything you don't want to use, and use the Character Vault to bring in any existing characters. You can also download assets like maps by going into the map layer, selecting the image(s), pressing "z" to get a preview, then right-clicking on them to download the image. This method will not carry over the dynamic lighting, NPCs, GM layer notes, etc., though.
Thank-you VERY much; I have been debating going from Plus to Pro, I've never done much with APIs so didn't know if it was worth it.

Edited 1574013486
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Once you get a taste of API scripts, it's very hard to go back. And that's just with the off-the-shelf no-programming-knowledge-required stuff. The Transmogrifier is a godsend for game management.
Mr. Curtis, you convinced me, I'm going to try Pro and learn some of these APIs, I'd not heard of the Transmogrifier, but WOW that is a game-changer.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, those sweet commission checks should start rolling in any day... Feel free to ask any questions that may arise.