Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Google Docs - Notekeeping

Score + 13
After some chats with my players, it became obvious that only half the group keep notes. Up till now we've been using assigned notes in roll20 for notekeeping, but its not really been working for us. When another GM took over for his turn running things, I set up a google doc, and shared it with everyone. Since then, its been a collaboration to keep notes updated, and record anything new, and has reenergised folks into note keeping.This is, I guess, due to the fact that these notes are updated in real-time, rather than when someone hits save. Currently we have a note in roll20 that has a link to the doc. But, how cool would it be to have this in an iframe inside the note? Ultimately though, this doesn't just apply to google docs, you could have the iframe display pretty much whatever you want to show. Calenders for sessions. Chats from Discord. Weird hybrid classes from Tumblr (sorry tumblr, easy target)
Oh, this would be super-handy. I can think of so many things I'd love to be able to embed into a handout!
My home game group uses Google Docs for our notes and it's amazing. Having an addition like this would be fantastic!